Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR Issue

Options
  • 20-04-2012 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Well..

This is a very tough one , made even tougher due to being hammered at wembley.

Gallas has said during the week that morale is terribly low.

Will we bounce back ? I dont think so unfortunately

Friedal
    walker
    kaboul ---king
    ekotto
    lennon---luca
    parker
    bale
    vdv

ade

2-0 to QPR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Dont know why i called this thread "Qpr issue " by the way , its still early in the morning :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Great thread title! This game is most certainly an issue :)

I have a problem with the morale thing. Here we have two teams facing similar issues towards the end of the season. QPR are dangling by a thread over relegation, fighting for their lives to secure a second season in the Premiership. Spurs are dangling by a thread over 5th spot and missing out on a place in the CL qualifiers next season.

If morale is low, the managing/coaching staff and players need a kick in the arse. 4th spot is in their hands and they should be playing like every game from now on will save them from CL relegation (5th spot). Do you think QPR will just give up on staying in the PL? Of course they won't. They may not have the talent or squad to do so and they may miss out in the end because it's not fully in their hands, but they'll try as hard as they possibly can. Can we say the same about the Spurs players?

The difference is there's so much less to lose for Spurs. QPR may end up back in the Championship, with lower wages and a very difficult season on the horizon. The Spurs players know they'll still be in the PL, earning their massive wages - some will even earn higher wages with another team. Yes they'd all like to be playing in the CL again but do they want that as much as the QPR players want to stay in the PL? Probably not.

I think Spurs will be out-fought, out-worked and out-motivated tomorrow, purely because QPR need this result more than Spurs do.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think QPR will come out flying, score early and the game and season will be over.

Kaboul out tomorrow

"Manager Harry Redknapp says he has "four or five" injury concerns but refused to reveal which other players are doubts."

This sounds weird, its like harry is going to drop some players after last weekend and is telling the press its injuries

Gallas has to be dropped - nelson is old but at least he will give 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

mickman wrote: »
    Kaboul out tomorrow

"Manager Harry Redknapp says he has "four or five" injury concerns but refused to reveal which other players are doubts."

This sounds weird, its like harry is going to drop some players after last weekend and is telling the press its injuries

Gallas has to be dropped - nelson is old but at least he will give 100%

Does gallas not give 100%? If there was an award for negativity on this forum you would win it!
    2-1 spurs.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Does gallas not give 100%? If there was an award for negativity on this forum you would win it!
    2-1 spurs.

Obviously you missed the FA cup semi final and all the comments on this forum and on ITV about his performance last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I'd start Defoe, he has pace to trouble there back four and shoot on sight policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Having been at Wembley last Sunday I just don't know what to expect tomorrow evening. Maybe dropping a couple of the bigger names will be a good thing and give them a kick up the backside which they need. Anyone think that a 4-3-3 of sorts could work?

Brad
    Walker Nelsen King/Gallas BAE
    Sandro Parker VdV
    Lennon Ade/Defoe Bale

I know it would be controversial dropping/resting Modric but I am only throwing it out there.

I’d definitely give Nelson a run, he’d give it his all and outmatches King/Gallas for pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Having been at Wembley last Sunday I just don't know what to expect tomorrow evening. Maybe dropping a couple of the bigger names will be a good thing and give them a kick up the backside which they need. Anyone think that a 4-3-3 of sorts could work?

Brad
    Sandro Parker VdV
    Lennon Ade/Defoe Bale

I know it would be controversial dropping/resting Modric but I am only throwing it out there.

i'd agree with that team only i'd stick in livermore for vdv,we need to be strong in midfield cos with the form we're in it's likely that QPR will fancy their chances and come at us from the start,hopefully we can use the pace of lennon and bale to pick them off in the counter attack.
    i'm hopefull of a win but i expect us to draw 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Having been at Wembley last Sunday I just don't know what to expect tomorrow evening. Maybe dropping a couple of the bigger names will be a good thing and give them a kick up the backside which they need. Anyone think that a 4-3-3 of sorts could work? Brad
    Sandro Parker VdV
    Lennon Ade/Defoe Bale

Defo. Leave out vdv, play livermore with parker ;)

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Defo. Leave out vdv, play livermore with parker ;)

yep. play the younger / fitter lads who have something to prove

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

mickman wrote: »
    yep. play the younger / fitter lads who have something to prove

Live on ESPN Ill be watching can feel a positive change today.

Leave VDv on the bench his work rate aint nowhere near enough for whats needed today:):):):):)

Defoe starts by default. Nelson ankle injury!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I am so bloody nervous about this game, most nervous I have been in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Gallas, King, Assou-Ekotto, Sandro, Modric, Parker, Bale, Van der Vaart, Defoe
    Subs: Cudicini, Bongani Khumalo, Rose, Adam Smith, Lennon, Livermore, Giovani

personally disappointed that gallas is playing. honestly dont think he deserves the jersey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

fcuk off 'arry with your sandro and parker playing together:mad:

lennon should be playing, we need to go for it not be conservative.

no front cover on the bench either. dont think dos santos is our answer. where is sahah and adebayor? never heard anything about them being injjured

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

keane=cock wrote: »
    no front cover on the bench either. dont think dos santos is our answer. where is sahah and adebayor? never heard anything about them being injjured
    Saha missed last week with a groin strain anyways, according to FB and Twitter Ade is also injured, can't find how he's injured though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The Arsenal/Chelsea result should give insentive to the players to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

would have played livermore and lennon but fcuk it, don't care once we win. COYS

COYS:D:D:D

Bale stay the fúck out wide. Mackie looks a threat.

unlucky Bale!!!!great header

b0llox! wall fell apart:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No pace on the ball, terrible goal keeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Of all people.... **** sake

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    No pace on the ball, terrible goal keeping.
    we are falling apart at the back WTF friedel nearly cost us again:mad:

80% possession and we still cant defend:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Is it just me or is Friedel having a shocker? Putting king under pressure, poor keeping for the goal and twice put our defense on pressure trying to use the ball too quickly.

Advertisement