Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmore Quay Seafood Festival 5k road race

Options
  • 20-04-2012 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Kilmore AC a small club in the South East is holding their 5k road race in Kilmore Quay on the 7th of July at 7pm. AAI permit has just been granted. This a very scenic 5 lap race around Kilmore Quay during the Festival. More details will be at this link and details of the festival at this link More details over the coming weeks. The web-site has results from all the previous races. We also have a 10k in September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

KILMOREAC wrote: »
    Kilmore AC a small club in the South East is holding their 5k road race in Kilmore Quay on the 7th of July at 7pm. AAI permit has just been granted. This a very scenic 5 lap race around Kilmore Quay during the Festival. More details will be at this link and details of the festival at this link More details over the coming weeks. The web-site has results from all the previous races. We also have a 10k in September.

This is great news for me as I will be on holiday in wexford in July and will definately take part in the 5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KILMOREAC

ac20 wrote: »
    This is great news for me as I will be on holiday in wexford in July and will definately take part in the 5k.
    Good stuff. It's worth coming down early and checking out the festival. The seafood platter's are well worth trying out. If don't want to chance one before racing ;) you can have some food afterwards during the prize giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

KILMOREAC wrote: »
    Good stuff. It's worth coming down early and checking out the festival. The seafood platter's are well worth trying out. If don't want to chance one before racing ;) you can have some food afterwards during the prize giving.

Great stuff. The best chipper in the world as far as Im concerned is in Kilmore Quay. The place that faces out onto the harbour (flippin name escapes me) so after the race I will most probably pay a visit.

ac20 wrote: »
    The best chipper in the world as far as Im concerned is in Kilmore Quay.
    The Saltee chipper is a great chipper. Put your order in before you start the race and should be ready when you finish. It's a popular spot so there are always long queues. Worth waiting for.

Here is a video about the festival

• Advertisement

Date: 7th of July at 7:30pm
    Entry fee: Only 10 euro, entry on day only from 5:30pm
    Prizes: Cash prizes for senior, categories and teams.

5 laps of the village so loads of opportunities for friends and family to cheer you on. Refreshments served in the Stella Maris afterwards.

Facebook event set-up at this link

Advertisement