Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PedalToPoland is a scam?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

hmmm you signed up specifically to diss these lads eh Princess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

hmmm you signed up specifically to diss these lads eh Princess?

Its an important issue and needs to be discussed in AH:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Does it say anywhere on pedal2Poland.com that they're paying for all their expenses?
    Is part of the sponsorship money raised not goin on this

Regardless, your assertions are unfair given two of the members have conditions they're raising money for (arthritis and depression) and one states
    I have been volunteering with various charities all of my life and I would have no hesitation in offering a long list of deserving causes

Pedal2Poland - The Charities

So I think it's fair to assume they have genuine interest in raising money for their selected charities and that this isn't a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

This kind of racket has been going on for years, a fella in a pub once asked us to sponser him on a charity harley davidson ride of route 66.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,726 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I know a lot of people who have done cycles across the states for charity, and flown to Zambia after raising money to build orphanages.

A lot of the time, they pretty much pay for their travel etc themselves, and don't take the money directly from the donations. Often a business will give them a donation or whatever for their travel as opposed to thinking they're giving it straight to charity.

If you don't agree with it, then don't give them the money, and just donate to the charity directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

After witnessing the OP's pathetic attempt to slander these lads for doing some good I have decided that I am going to donate 100euros to the charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Fair play to em I say. They're not actually "going to EURO's" though, in the sense of a couple of weeks holiday on the piss. They're going to be cycling for two weeks straight, covering 1500km in the process. They arrive in Gdansk for the Spain game and I think if they go to see the game they bloody deserve it after all that.

They'll be cycling while the tournament is on and be nowhere near where the matches are on.

Let's hope Ireland are still in the Euro's by the time they get there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I Think the lads have had enough publicity for one day.

Good luck to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement