Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3 open beta this weekend

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And i'm not around all weekend...great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

iv been hearing so much about this game but anytime i look at or read about it it just doesnt catch my attention. is it worth the bandwidth downloading this for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Might have a pop into it during some spare time this weekend :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

iv been hearing so much about this game but anytime i look at or read about it it just doesnt catch my attention. is it worth the bandwidth downloading this for the weekend?

Its the best way of knowing if you will like or not, the small bit of the beta i played i loved, Path of Exile is very similar and also rather excellent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeshhhh !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How big is the download? And will they just patch the beta client for launch, or would i need to download it again.

Might get a few hours to play on Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

just started it now, 44.1MB client plus some updating to that and then just under 3GB but i think i can play before that get fully downloaded.

Haven't gotten further to see if there is any more to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just spotted this on facebook, kudos!

anyone else having problems with the installer and what version of windows you have, it's running fine on a win 7 PC but vista is giving problems for a laptop install which gives errors about minimum requirements.

Their forums have a good few complaing about it but no solution worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Varik wrote: »
    just started it now, 44.1MB client plus some updating to that and then just under 3GB but i think i can play before that get fully downloaded.

Haven't gotten further to see if there is any more to download.

Updating for me was 3.7gb :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloading :D

Fully downloaded now just need to wait out the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

8 pm tonight btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Varik wrote: »
    Fully downloaded now just need to wait out the clock

Can you post up a link to the official download as plenty of dodgy links floating about. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

SK1979 wrote: »
    Can you post up a link to the official download as plenty of dodgy links floating about. Cheers.

The download link is in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

SK1979 wrote: »

Straight from the horses mouth: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/

airgilbert wrote: »
    8 pm tonight btw
    I think it's actually 7pm, the time given officially is 12.01 PM PDT, which should translate to 19.01 for us.

I think it's actually 7pm, the time given officially is 12.01 PM PDT, which should translate to 19.01 for us.

Time changed.

It's 8 over there now so in another 4 hours, making it 8pm here.

Of course, yeah, sorry my bad! :)

:oNevermind,I thought It was live

• Advertisement

Of course, yeah, sorry my bad! :)

Wish it wasn't, i would prefer to play an hour earlier.

me too, foiled again!

Ah well, just means we have it for an extra hour before it ends too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

cant DL it. keep getting stuck on updating. feels bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I bought and downloaded the game. But when go to install I get " The fire from the sky still falls. Diablo III has not yet launched" Will I be able to use this client to play the game for this weekends beta? Or, do I need to download a different beta one?

Not entirely sure, but you may have to install the beta client to play the open beta, If i were you i'd get cracking on downloading it from your battlenet account page.
    It's incredibly slow to download atm but if you have a decent connection you should be able to get most of it before the 8pm opening. It becomes playable at around 40% kind of like the way the wow client is if you're familiar with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Not entirely sure, but you may have to install the beta client to play the open beta, If i were you i'd get cracking on downloading it from your battlenet account page.
    It's incredibly slow to download atm but if you have a decent connection you should be able to get most of it before the 8pm opening. It becomes playable at around 40% kind of like the way the wow client is if you're familiar with that.

Just downloaded it in about ten minute so speed is not an issue it seems now.

100mb UPC btw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

So what happens when you try to download the beta but aren't paying attention? You download World of Warcraft, that's what. Back to the start I go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83,347 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I did that too :D sigh I still get clannies that send me resurrection scrolls once in a while :( I don't miss that massive sink of time and space though, would be great if you could just hop in a couple times a month and not have to do the daily grind to keep up. But I digress.

So this Beta will open up right as my next shift starts. Damnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Anyone in yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Seifer wrote: »
    Anyone in yet?

Just tried there and getting error codes left right and center.

Advertisement