Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3 open beta this weekend

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone getting a "Invalid installation options" message when clicking Agree on the Installation Directory screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

They're updating at the moment, so there's going to be problems getting in or installing it. And I'd say it's going to be like this all weekend. They're stress testing, so the servers will be up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

New message on the breaking news section of the login screen saying they are still configuring it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Doesn't seem to be open just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Getting error 3003 which mean it's not up or i'm not in the "open" beta, likely not up.

• Advertisement

News window says it's open now. Still can't get in.

This is looking impossible to get in to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

A friend of mine in Rugby, the place in England not the sport just got in. I'm still getting random assorted errors.

Btw, if you havent made a battletag for yourself on battlenet, do it now before you get in. Otherwise it punts you out to the battlenet site and makes you do it, and when it does that it also disconnects you from battlenet. So there goes your login and you've to put up with teh random DC's all over again.

I just keep getting disconnected from the service. I'll try it again in an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

This is looking impossible to get in to.

I just got in. Make sure you're using 'The Americas' servers and keep trying over and over. It takes a lot of attempts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

"The servers are busy at this time. Please try again later. (Error 37)"

poot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was in it for a few minutes, the lag was unbearable, I'll try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

A friend of mine in Rugby, the place in England not the sport just got in. I'm still getting random assorted errors.

Btw, if you havent made a battletag for yourself on battlenet, do it now before you get in. Otherwise it punts you out to the battlenet site and makes you do it, and when it does that it also disconnects you from battlenet. So there goes your login and you've to put up with teh random DC's all over again.
    Even that's a struggle at the moment. I can log into the website, but can't go near account management. It just loads for ages then gives you an error. Took a fair few tries to get it.

Same here but managed it eventually.Would have been handy to know that before i started logging in too lol :)

Two friends I want to play with are in. I'm out :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Servers are busy? Nooooooooooooooo! Hopefully i can get on for a bit when i get home from the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

having various error messages also, but mostly just 'servers are busy..' or 'you do not have a diablo III license...'

oh, 'you have lost connection to the battle.net service'

double poot

ctrl+v ing the password now, making me slightly less homicidal.

meh, been trying it every 10-20 mins and either get instant dc's or those nasty long ones, would be nice if we had a euro server, might actually stand a chance of getting in before the beta is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

I think I'll just leave it until tomorrow before i try again, its getting frustrating getting the same old errors

• Advertisement

there's a new splash screen error. They are capping the amount of people able to login at one time, so yeah good idea.. feck this for a game of soldiers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Message up on the client now saying they have capped the number of players allowed online while they address some issues.

Edit: Beaten to it:D

Is there any servers available other than in America?

Varik wrote: »
    ctrl+v ing the password now, making me slightly less homicidal.

This.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    You mean you folks never Copy/Paste your passwords otherwise? Been doing that since years ago in WoW - My passwords consist of me basically smashing the keyboard to conjour any old random string, not a hope in hell I'd ever remember them, so I have to copy/paste regardless and have been doing so here for the last 45mins :)

Don't use the same passwords for everything and other than cases like this it's quicker for me to just type them out.

Getting a new error now when trying the US servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

RopeDrink wrote: »
    You mean you folks never Copy/Paste your passwords otherwise? Been doing that since years ago in WoW - My passwords consist of me basically smashing the keyboard to conjour any old random string, not a hope in hell I'd ever remember them, so I have to copy/paste regardless and have been doing so here for the last 45mins :)

As you can imagine, getting nowhere - Lost cause at this point in time - Might grab that kip for a couple hours and try in the slightly quieter hours of the morning and I do hope most of the kiddies (and Americans) have buggered off to sleep to make space for poor ole Ropey :(

So you keep your passwords all nice and organised in a .txt file?:D

Is there any servers available other than in America?

Their twitter account says no, everyone is meant to use the American one.

forbes.com says u only get an hour worth of game time before the beta experience ends per char? Any confirmations?

playing now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

forbes.com says u only get an hour worth of game time before the beta experience ends per char? Any confirmations?

Quests end at a certain point yeah. Took me a couple of hours but I was taking my time.

The actual beta ending is... not Blizzard's most subtle storytelling moment :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭kickarykee

Is Diablo 3 actually also a sequel in sense of story or can you also play it if you have no idea about the first two games?
    It looks really cool, but I've never really played Diablo before ...

Advertisement