Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3 open beta this weekend

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭B0 SELECTRA

'servers are busy. :rolleyes: meh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got to lvl 3 with the monk, tried to play in a public game but was a bit of lag. Second time i played i got put into a game with lvl 8/9 and quit as they were ahead doing something that was too hard for my lvl 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

Guys quit please, let others play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

had the beta since day 1. its amazing and worth the wait/hassle getting on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So whats it like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

damn error 37 :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got in and had fun playing as the Monk. It runs really well on my MBP.

Can't wait til the release now!

So - played the beta for 2 hours and 3 minutes with 2 friends and we completed it. I don't know why they have called it a beta when it's clearly a demo.

Was going to plow through a good bit of this over the weekend but meh, not sure it's worth it given you will barely get a flavour of the available characters and it's all the same stuff.

Meh basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

quite enjoying the witch doctor, cba playing with others on normal.. too much i want to see for myself. When it's released i'll try some other difficulties with others, hardcore hell and inferno etc..

still has the addictive flavour that d2 had :) Looks really nice, plays very smooth, the only gripe i have is not being able to zoom in and out.. torchlight spoiled me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I don't know why they have called it a beta when it's clearly a demo.

Meh basically.

It's a stress test.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Finished act 1 with the monk, am i missing something or do i just have to quit as i can't find a way out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

quite enjoying the witch doctor, cba playing with others on normal.. too much i want to see for myself. When it's released i'll try some other difficulties with others, hardcore hell and inferno etc..

still has the addictive flavour that d2 had :) Looks really nice, plays very smooth, the only gripe i have is not being able to zoom in and out.. torchlight spoiled me!

Z zooms for me.

Z zooms for me.
    thank you Big Z ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Finally got in after my friends were done playing ¬_¬
    Very slick like you'd expect from Blizzard. Pity you can't try other difficulty modes; haven't even come close to dying.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nope, no way to identify the item :P
    You just right-click on it and hold and your hero will identify it. Kind of pointless tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Seifer wrote: »
    Finally got in after my friends were done playing ¬_¬
    Very slick like you'd expect from Blizzard. Pity you can't try other difficulty modes; haven't even come close to dying.

You just right-click on it and hold and your hero will identify it. Kind of pointless tbh.

You don't select the Difficulty level in Diablo you progress through them.

Eg: You play and complete all 4 acts from the start, this is normal difficulty. Once you complete the game you automatically restart the game on Nightmare with your level and gear intact and from there progress onto Hell. D3 also now has Inferno which is a step up from Hell which I assume will be for level 60 characters.

If it sticks to the D2 format, normal will be a breeze. Nightmare a decent step up but doable solo with Hell usually requiring you to co-op for the final Acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

So I finished the beta quests, And went back and restarted using the same character. I got to the point where you free the templar and now I have two.

Can I just keep repeating until I have an army?

Edit: Nevermind, He disappears after defeating the templar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The more i play D3 the more i like Path of Exile, D3 is a lot of fun dont get me wrong but Path of Exile seems to have more gritty combat with an overall better feel to it, graphically its more on the realism side, its also a lot more challenging imo [so far that is]
    Having said that i do like D3`s art style.
    Ill probably play both, which reminds me i still have to finish torchlight, another great game from this genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is there no easy way to reset an area like in Path of Exile? They should really add something like that.

heh, today i can login to the character selection screen, but cant log into the actual game. Keep getting a timeout error when i either try to resume or create a new character!

hope to christ all of these errors are gone by the 15th :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Glad I got to play the beta ... I cancelled my preorder after 30 mins play :) D3 is definately not the game for me..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

downloaded this and cant connect to servers:(
    European and Asian servers dont respond and the American one just comes up as full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I was looking forward to this, when I saw the playable characters I knew this wouldn't be for me, it looks so f*cking boring! The monk and demon hunter in particular are just terrible!

still tough to get into?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Got in fine about an hour ago. Kind of bored of it already :/ Probably play through it once more as a different character.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Welease wrote: »
    Glad I got to play the beta ... I cancelled my preorder after 30 mins play :) D3 is definately not the game for me..
    Had you played Diablo 1 and 2 previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

gizmo wrote: »

I would assume not. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

gizmo wrote: »

Diablo 1 when it came out.. To be honest, never really got into it...
    D3 looks and feels very similar (which is obviously not a shock :)) so I doubt I was going to get much deeper into it either (given I already have Skyrim, Assasins Creed, Fable, Pandoras Tower and a couple others lying unplayed also).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Welease wrote: »
    Diablo 1 when it came out.. To be honest, never really got into it...
    D3 looks and feels very similar (which is obviously not a shock :)) so I doubt I was going to get much deeper into it either (given I already have Skyrim, Assasins Creed, Fable, Pandoras Tower and a couple others lying unplayed also).
    Ah right, ta! :)

I was somewhat unsure since I assumed that if you'd pre-ordered the game you were fan of the previous games and having played D3 for only 30mins and wanting to cancel it, I thought you felt something had gone terribly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,349 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I did really enjoy D1 but dont see myself picking up D3. More for the fact that it looks like I'd spend a good chunk of time on it.

Starting out they could stand to increase the difficulty though. rescued yer lad and up to that point it was all just a bunch of dull hacking and slashing with no sense of challenge, just stuff thats in your way, so you click at it, and boom it dies. Where be all the ranged attackers and pools of acid blood and dungeon traps? Or really just anything that gets my health down. Oh and the whole regen thing really, really kills it.

Advertisement