Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3 open beta this weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

gizmo wrote: »
    Ah right, ta! :)

I was somewhat unsure since I assumed that if you'd pre-ordered the game you were fan of the previous games and having played D3 for only 30mins and wanting to cancel it, I thought you felt something had gone terribly wrong.

No, it was more a matter of not really being sure of how different it was (and not reading up much on it in advance). I had vouchers I wanted to use as I was buying some other items (hence the pre-order), so i just cancelled and pre-orderd GW2.

It sounds like those who liked D1/D2 also like D3.. not heard a bad word about it so far, but definately not for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Played the Diablo 3 demo 3 weeks ago and really didn't find it all that fun, found the combat really bland. Would like if the combat felt like Path of Exile with all the polish that goes with Diablo 3

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

its very bad to judge diablo franchise by this Demo beta.

The whole idea of Diablo 3 was itemisation. You were working for your gear, farming your gear, trading gear, making builds for special uses. character which is good at MFing was shiet at PVP etc.

I am a die hard diablo fan and this demo is ****, but i will still buy diablo and i cant waaaaait for 15th. this beta does not give the feel of ownership of your character, feel of progress and accomplishment, no excitement, when boss has few HP left, so you can see what phat loot you get!

for all those people who are writing off diablo 3, because of this beta: i feel sorry for you, as you will miss out on one of the greatest games.

i am in beta since day one it went live. i played 3 hours and newer came back to it. there is no interest to play your character up to lvl 10 and hit wall. plus you wont be investing time in to character, which will be deleted anyway when full game comes out... trust me, when you will have your own character on full game - he will be your best friend! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Overheal wrote: »
    I did really enjoy D1 but dont see myself picking up D3. More for the fact that it looks like I'd spend a good chunk of time on it.

Starting out they could stand to increase the difficulty though. rescued yer lad and up to that point it was all just a bunch of dull hacking and slashing with no sense of challenge, just stuff thats in your way, so you click at it, and boom it dies. Where be all the ranged attackers and pools of acid blood and dungeon traps? Or really just anything that gets my health down. Oh and the whole regen thing really, really kills it.

It's a small snapshot of a very early section of the game, on a low difficulty setting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feck sake its down for maintainance now,error 33 for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Up again.

By up i mean they said so and you get error 37 instead of 33.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got in

how do I get my fury gauge back up?I'm a noob to diablo games,really enjoying it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

heh, today i can login to the character selection screen, but cant log into the actual game. Keep getting a timeout error when i either try to resume or create a new character!

hope to christ all of these errors are gone by the 15th :)

Well at release there will be other servers other than just America and I assume that they will all be ready for the influx!

Played the beta as demon hunter and about to play as with doctor. I find if I spam the log in i get in in about 2 minutes
    (ctrl+v your password, makes it allot easier)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

I got in

how do I get my fury gauge back up?I'm a noob to diablo games,really enjoying it though

Your left click attack should should recharge it

Your left click attack should should recharge it

that worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

I got in

just send me your bank account details and sort code, ill make sure your fury levels go up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evanbrau

Absolutely loving this so far (after finally getting in) - not going to be a productive Summer. I managed to play about an hour and wager I'm about halfway through the beta content so I'm looking forward to getting through it and trying other classes.

damn can't get back in now !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can't get in at all (error 37). How many attempts is it taking people to get into the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

quarryman wrote: »
    Can't get in at all (error 37). How many attempts is it taking people to get into the game?

800+...And even if you get to log in, chances are you will get error 3005 when actually starting the game. And, if by some miracle you get that far, you'll get disconnected within an hour, or they'll restart the servers yet again and you'll have to start the process all over again.

I ended up just creating a small script for myself which auto-attempts to log me in every 1 minute. 812 attempts before I last got in.

Less than a month to go and their servers are a complete mess. I don't have much hope for these errors being gone on launch day. Hell, they don't even have a queuing system in place.

800+...And even if you get to log in, chances are you will get error 3005 when actually starting the game. And, if by some miracle you get that far, you'll get disconnected within an hour, or they'll restart the servers yet again and you'll have to start the process all over again.

I ended up just creating a small script for myself which auto-attempts to log me in every 1 minute. 812 attempts before I last got in.

Less than a month to go and their servers are a complete mess. I don't have much hope for these errors being gone on launch day. Hell, they don't even have a queuing system in place.

I'll be really pissed if you don't have it sorted by release day

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'll be really pissed if you don't have it sorted by release day
    I'm expecting there will be. There always is with the launch of MMO's and this uses the same principle. Not sure if I'll pick this up, but if I do it'll be well after the release so I don't get overcome with nerd rage when I can't log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd point out the fact that it's a public beta with massive amounts of interest and the fact that now is the perfect time to do load testing but I'm actually still shocked people have forgotten how the exact same thing happened with Diablo 2. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Gah! Just saw this now.

Only 3GB @ 700kb/s = 8 hrs(ish) of downloading to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

RopeDrink wrote: »
    For those who've started criticising it, or choose to 'cancel their pre-order' based on this miniscule slice of easy content, here's a few pointers.

[...]
    If you're looking for something deeper in the RPG side of things, avoid it - Fans of D1 & D2 certainly won't be dissapointed and it'll surely addict some non-previous game players along the way - There's no doubt that it's going to have a massive playerbase for many years and having consistant co-op and taking on some chapters with other players is definately going to be fun, especially on absolute-max difficulty :)

Can't wait!

As a long time D2 player my concerns are slightly different.

For starters, the graphics are pretty poor, but as i'd seen gameplay already I was kinda expecting that.
    At the same time that leads to really smooth play even with all the boxes ticked and settings up full.

The sound effects are kind of annoying.
    I picked a Barb to start off with. I must've missed the part where I picked up swords with hand grenades strapped to the edge. It's loud to the point of ridiculousness. Simple sword swishing and thumping and maybe some squisy sounds when i hit something would be fine.

Also, I'm yet to decide whether I like the Skills tree. In the D2 you didn't just have access to 7 characters, because most of them could be made so different (fire sorc/lightning sorc or summoner necro/ offensive magic necro) that there seemed to be more variety. I'll have to keep playing but so far it seems to be shepherding me up one route.

All in all I'll still definitely be buying but maybe might wait a little til the price comes down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Anyone else having an issue when it says ''updating setup files'' mine just goes to about 70% and doesn't move after that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Laisurg wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue when it says ''updating setup files'' mine just goes to about 70% and doesn't move after that :mad:

Happened to me. It was still downloading but I couldn't see the Diablo 3 Launcher window with progress.

I closed the Setup window and opened Task manager to kill the Agent.exe process.

Then followed this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4571557620

It says to open C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and delete the Agent folder within it. Then re-launch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Servers are working now, played for a half hour there, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    Happened to me. It was still downloading but I couldn't see the Diablo 3 Launcher window with progress.

I closed the Setup window and opened Task manager to kill the Agent.exe process.

Then followed this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4571557620

It says to open C:\ProgramData\Battle.net folder and delete the Agent folder within it. Then re-launch

Seems to be working for everyone but me :( have tried about 3 or 4 variations of this and no luck :( guess I'm just not meant to play the beta :*(

Is it over once you kill the skeleton king?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is it over once you kill the skeleton king?

Well you can go back and redo everything, Chances are you have missed an event or two.

I enjoyed it,thought it was great,never played a diablo game before,I went co op when it came to the skeleton king : ) won't be cancelling my order anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them. They've intentionally been capping the servers all weekend to try force these errors. This weekend has basically been training them for launch day. They'll be prepared.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can't login...error 3004. Waste of a download it looks like. This is why i ****ing hate having to access a server to play a single player game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

keep trying, i've been getting all sorts of random errors like that too

Advertisement