Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3 open beta this weekend

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Big Knox wrote: »
    Ok so finally got some free time last night and ran through it with the Monk and I have to say it is a completely different game then the beta I played almost a year ago. A lot more polish which is expected but they have completely redone the skill system and how it works and I have to say even though I was disappointed to see the end of the D2 style trees I think this will work.

The rune system is where we will see different play styles emerge, I just hope each rune is still effective at end game and that the highest or higher tier runes aren't just much better than the lower level ones making them obsolete. The very first Monk rune of teleporting to your target on attack seems like it will be useful however so hopefully the idea is to have all these runes available and all have their uses for different set-ups and play styles.

And guys for those of you saying the game is worryingly easy, this is the very beginning of the game and the very first sub-boss. It's pretty much the tutorial if anything. Normal difficulty will be a breeze but I can guarantee you Hell and the new 60+ Inferno will be crazy tough don't worry.

Those saying its easy didnt play highest level of D2 :)

They released a little video sneek before Christmas, where they said they had to tone down the hardest mode, as it was just impossible.

Diablo is a decent curve

Normal, finish the game, get used to classes etc.
    Then go to the next level and develop your mechanics
    Then go nightmare and get the rage?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

TheDoc wrote: »
    They released a little video sneek before Christmas, where they said they had to tone down the hardest mode, as it was just impossible.

Didn't see that, sounds great if it's true. Inferno should be absolutely nuts, not solo-able and only doable with a group of players that have perfect builds and insane gear.

Played a bit more today and I seriously can't wait for the 15th. Just hope I have enough free time to get stuck in and actually reach Inferno!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Big Knox wrote: »
    Didn't see that, sounds great if it's true. Inferno should be absolutely nuts, not solo-able and only doable with a group of players that have perfect builds and insane gear.

Played a bit more today and I seriously can't wait for the 15th. Just hope I have enough free time to get stuck in and actually reach Inferno!! :p

Three days of work for me ;)

In fairness I'll probably run normal, then go to Inferno, and only bother farming **** at that level

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The only decent Diablo 2 widescreen mod only works with patch 1.12, so you can't play it fully up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

well, tommorow at work i will book off few days off for diablo 3. will work on tuesday ( :( ) and then take the rest of the week off.

*i am a sad sad person and i will try not to tell why i am taking those days off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

you need a constant internet connection and you can play with other people in co op,is this what your looking for?

ah bummer. thanks anyways.
    will hold off buying this as I thought it would run like steam, will see how the servers work

Advertisement