Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men - ISSF World Cup Series 2010

• 20-04-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭

5 shots 5 seconds

25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men - ISSF World Cup Series 2010, Rifle&Pistol Stage 3, Fort Benning (USA)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

clivej wrote: »
    5 shots 5 seconds

25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men - ISSF World Cup Series 2010, Rifle&Pistol Stage 3, Fort Benning (USA)

Thanks for posting that clip, Clive. I used to kid myself that I was pretty good at the rapid fire, with my three Walther GSPs, one of which was the dedicated RF version, but all I was really doing was playing compared to these folks.

tac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It's actually 4 seconds, believe it or not. That rapid fire pistol lark is a real artform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

nice looking Pardinis :)

They seem to be the popular choice!

ISSF Rapid fire compeition -

There are three different time limits for the series: 8 seconds, 6 seconds, and 4 seconds. A stage consists of two series of each type, and a full course of fire comprises two such stages, or a total of 60 shots. Since the targets are divided into concentric score zones with 10 being the most central part, the total maximum score is 600.

tac

Yep, but that finals round is all at 4 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Would love to try it. Nowhere seems to have the 5 target setup. I think we also need more pistol shooters who will shoot one handed and have an interest in it. (I know air pistol shooters shoot one handed, but not too many shoot .22LR)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Kryten wrote: »
    Would love to try it. Nowhere seems to have the 5 target setup. I think we also need more pistol shooters who will shoot one handed and have an interest in it. (I know air pistol shooters shoot one handed, but not too many shoot .22LR)

I've had a couple of precision details this year a both at ECSC & Fermoy with the 22lr, all single handed. I think the reason its not run to much is time limits on the day, trying to get T&P1, Multitarget, etc all done as well.

I guess I'm missing something important in these posts. Are you telling me that you shoot your ISSF pistol competitions using two hands?

One of the most uncomfortable things to hold in two hands is any .22 pistol with a target-style orthopaedic grip. I have to admit that I've never tried to do it.

tac, greatly confused

No, tac. They're talking about other pistol competitions where two hands are used, and complaining that people aren't willing to make the skills jump to shooting ISSF targets one-handed, which is probably quite true. Apart from the clothing and the image, the difficulty of the ISSF shooting sports is one of the big barriers to experienced shots who have gotten a bit comfortable.

No, tac. They're talking about other pistol competitions where two hands are used, and complaining that people aren't willing to make the skills jump to shooting ISSF targets one-handed, which is probably quite true. Apart from the clothing and the image, the difficulty of the ISSF shooting sports is one of the big barriers to experienced shots who have gotten a bit comfortable.

Ah, right, thanks for putting me straight there, IWM.

Mind you, nobody ever said ISSF handgun was easy, if it was, it wouldn't be worth doing. I've been competing with great lack of success since 1971, and still have things to learn, even though I'm a coach/instructor - mainly for disabled shooters these days.

Best

tac

• Advertisement

tac foley wrote: »
    Mind you, nobody ever said ISSF handgun was easy, it it was, it wouldn't be worth doing

Absolutely agreed. It's why I shoot the rifle events.

Absolutely agreed. It's why I shoot the rifle events.

:D x 10

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

My idea of rapid fire is a 7m bill drill. Gun (fullbore)loaded and holstered. On the buzzer draw and put 6 rounds into the A zone of IPSC target. if you're good you can get to 2 seconds or below. Now that's real fun. While its not goin to be any good for training it does quickly show up any issues with your draw, indexing onto target, sight alignment and trigger control.

Advertisement