Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building garage / rough idea of prices

Options
  • 20-04-2012 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

Hope I'm posting this in the correct forum (it's my first post)

I'm hoping to get a garage built in the back garden very soon. Block built with cavity blocks etc.

The size would be approx 17foot x 13foot, walls 8 foot high and prefrebaly a pitch roof of some sort.

I have a rough idea how much the blocks, timber, felt and other material etc would cost but no idea how much it would cost for the labour to be done.

Has anyone gotten anything built recently of a similar size that they could give me a rough idea how much I 'd be looking at paying, bricky, carpenter, etc. Want to get an idea if its even worth pursuing builders for qoutes or if I've got a lot more saving to do first.

Any info / advice / recommendations would be great. If I didn't supply enough info to give an answer please let me know what I left out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Welcome along :)

You're almost in the right forum. We have a dedicated sub forum for issues involving prices so I'll move the thread to there.

You might want to have a quick read through some of the threads in the Prices/costs sub forum as you could get a few ideas from there also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bernardshakey

[Hi Muffler - thanks for moving the question to the correct sub forum, man this place is huge. I'll checkout that section you recommended aswell for tips / pointers.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Hi guys,

Hope I'm posting this in the correct forum (it's my first post)

I'm hoping to get a garage built in the back garden very soon. Block built with cavity blocks etc.

The size would be approx 17foot x 13foot, walls 8 foot high and prefrebaly a pitch roof of some sort.

I have a rough idea how much the blocks, timber, felt and other material etc would cost but no idea how much it would cost for the labour to be done.

Has anyone gotten anything built recently of a similar size that they could give me a rough idea how much I 'd be looking at paying, bricky, carpenter, etc. Want to get an idea if its even worth pursuing builders for qoutes or if I've got a lot more saving to do first.

Any info / advice / recommendations would be great. If I didn't supply enough info to give an answer please let me know what I left out

It probably depends on your location. In Kerry you can find fully legit and competent guys charging under €130 per working day. The best move is to try and find people that have had a similar job done in your area and have a chat with them. If you know your local hardware shop well enough, they might give you a few names. Good luck!

Advertisement