Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nee naw : living the cop dream

• 20-04-2012 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a good car alarm guy in Dublin for a Skoda Superb 2005? I've heard the horror stories of what can imagine with dealerships running after electrical faults with escalating costs.

Basically, have an intermittent issue with the car alarm. About 10% of the time the alarm goes off when you open the door of the car - even though the alarm has been turned off via the key fob. So it goes off when you open the door and you have to press the fob again to turn it off.

However, yesterday was a bit mortifying (it's only happened once before). Dropped the baby at the creche, got back into car and the alarm went off went I started the car. Pressing the unlock button on the key wouldn't silence it. The only thing that would silence it was pulling the key out of the ignition.

I drove to work nee-nawing all the way up the road getting weird looks. Alarm stopped when I went into work and haven't had a problem yesterday evening or this morning.

But there's clearly an issue. And I'm afraid of the costs involved cos it could take some tracking down.

Any/all advice most appreciated.

Cheers,
    Quad
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could try Dave Robinson, i've found him good (and reasonable). 087 6343208. He'll come to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd recommend Cartronics in Santry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Gary Ward in Finglas, does K9 alarms. Very professional, his work is excellent and he doesn't leave a mess either.

086 8228014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

This could well be a problem with the position switches in the door locks. It used to be a common issue with VWs that the solder joints in the lock modules would crack causing problems with the locking system. If the door unlocked switch is not reporting correctly it could cause the alarm to go off like you describe. Get someone with VAG diagnostics to check the car before you go putting money into repairs on the alarm.

Advertisement