Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re: taking the A+

Options
  • 20-04-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm studying for the A+, and hoping to take it in the next month, but I'm struggling to find availability for a Saturday. I might end up taking the train to Longford and doing it out there (in Webpalm), as they have plenty of availability on Saturdays. Only problem is I've never been to Longford, am not familiar with the town, and don't know how to get around. I don't need that kind of hassle on an exam day.

There's a few places in Dublin (where I currently work) where I can schedule an exam around lunch time, which might suit. However, I might be tight on time, having to leave work, run to an exam centre, either the BT centre, or the New Horizons one, do the exam, and run back to work.

Basically, do I have to stay for the full 90 minutes, or can I speed through the exam and leave whenever I'm finished (i.e. before the 90 mins are up)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You can leave whenever. I've only every stayed past 60minutes for the CCNA ICND2 exam, the rest were done in 20-40 minutes. With multiple choice, do the ones that you know are right straight away then come back to the difficult ones and spend a bit of time at them. But always read the questions fully. That way you know how much time you have to work out the difficult ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

+ 1 above

Ask work to give you some time to take the exam? An hour or so off would be fine. Most companies would appreciate staff doing courses on their own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

If you think about it, it doesn't make any sense (especially economic) to go to Longford for an exam. It would be better if you took a half-day from work, or even asked if you could take an extra long lunch or late morning. I would also give yourself the allocated time, just because other people finish early doesn't mean you will (likely, as I don't know anyone who stayed for that exam that long, but why put yourself under the pressure).

Advertisement