Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commuting from Dunshaughlin to Cherrywood

• 20-04-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭

I am considering a job offer with a company based in Cherrywood - My concern is I am based in Dunshaughlin.

Does anyone have any experience of that commute - cost of fuel, tolls, time taken or any alternative ways to get there apart from driving?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Driving, you are looking at about 30-40 minutes via N 3 and M 50 and two tolls daily. You could cut across via Lucan to avoid the toll but it's generally impractical time wise at rush hour. Fuel wise, it depends on your car, fuel and speeds but it's open road for a lot of the run over so it won't be excessive.

Public transport, it's the bus or train into town and one of the 145 or the Luas from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Pocketkings? Heard some really bad stuff about that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

Thanks Losty - How long is the Luas journey out??

Cuddlesworth - Not Pocketkings - its the big American company out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,251 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Thanks Losty - How long is the Luas journey out??

www.luas.ie will have all the relevant times and fare information for you. It's about 40 minutes long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭boogerballs

Thanks Losty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Might be worth checking once you've started if anyone else is commuting from Dunshaughlin and wanted to car-share, I think they have a car-sharing scheme set up there, according to this they do

http://www.smartertravelworkplaces.ie/stw_case-studies.php

Advertisement