Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish classes

Options
  • 20-04-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Has anyone done the intensive 3 week course with Conradh na Gaeilge in Galway?

If so, is it any good?

I took the weekly classes with Arus Na Gael before and didn't find them all that good to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

What's the intensive 3 week course? Is it a day course or an evening thing? Post a link OP if you have one. I was thinking of giving the Aras course a try but I'm a bit put off now by what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Little My wrote: »
    Has anyone done the intensive 3 week course with Conradh na Gaeilge in Galway?

If so, is it any good?

I took the weekly classes with Arus Na Gael before and didn't find them all that good to be honest.

Totally depends on your teacher, and what level you take.

There's a big leap between the 1st/2nd absolute beginners, and next one up. Apparently most Irish people doing refreshers have way more Irish than they think from school, so if it is mostly Irish in your group, and you *are* an absolute beginner, the pace can apparently very hard to follow. If most in your class are similar to you, you're in luck.
    Some teachers are great there though, I know of a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

What do you want to acheive from the course? I attended one when we returned to Ireland and found it good. Also got some private lessons when I was better and found them perfect for that stage of my learning.

Advertisement