Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mick o'pedia website

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Pretty offensive stuff to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Link??????
    And its Americans who call us Micks. Its Paddys in England.

I think i know a Priest called Paddy O'File

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Funniest read I had in a while. Obviously it's using some clever program to intermingle certain words and phrases throughout the real Wiki page.
    The first workin' steam-powered vehicle was likely to have been designed by Ferdinand Verbiest, a holy Flemish member of an oul' Jesuit mission in China around 1672. Whisht now and listen to this wan. It was a 65 cm-long scale-model toy for the feckin' Chinese Emperor, that was unable to carry a driver or an oul' passenger.[10][11][12] It is not known if Verbiest's model was ever built.[11]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

As I've just got back to my computer and spotted this thread, I'm highly offended that the OP closed his/her account before I could dream up a sarcastic reply. It would just be a waste now.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Better ban hairybaby.com too, for fear of offending those who feel the need to be offended by everything...

No offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Hello, good people of Boards. I set up Mickopedia with 2 friends and I'd like to set a few things straight.

All three of us are Irish.
    It's not an official Wikipedia site.
    The way it works is that it uses codin' to take Wikipedia content and "mickify" it with slightly random linguistic substitutions and modifications.
    It was a stupid idea that we had in the pub, then decided to build over the next weekend, and it was a lot of fun.
    The OP is nothing to do with us.
    It's not racist.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

wtf is 'bedad' may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I don't see how this website could be seen as derogatory, when all the slang is genuine and accurate.
    I just wish the OP hadn't closed his account so he discuss the issue with the site's creators :D.
    Superbus wrote: »
    wtf is 'bedad' may I ask?

It comes from "By Dad," a non-blasphemous way of saying "By God."

To be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Haha. Great site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

goose2005 wrote: »

Of course it is:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anyone remember the evil Irish bastard that was Nick O'Teen?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

They're only taking the mickey out of us micks.:):):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Don't see how it's offensive. I don't take offense at being called a Mick or a Paddy, I think it's more down to how it's said to be honest. When I was living in England, I used to get a bit of a slagging for my accent "say tirty tree and a tird, hahahaha, to be sure to be sure" (facepalm moment). It's only a bit of piss taking.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I type in tell us all about it into the search list and it said "Sorry couldn't find anything on tell us all about it, fair play".

• Advertisement
Advertisement