Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Commentrary, sounding like the great!!

Options
  • 20-04-2012 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all

First time post and really just wanted some opinions please. Everyone has a talent and mine is being able to mimic the great micheal o muircheartaigh
    . I can take him off to a tee, it’s actually scary to be honest(without blowing my own trumphet). I’ve played to a high level in both hurling and football, club and county so obviously have a great interest in GAA. A few years ago I sent a demo of my commentary to a tv station and they got back to me almost straight away saying they would sign me in a shot but I sounded too alike the great man himself.
    I suppose I’m looking to know is that me done n dusted trying to get in to commentary? I’m tried to change my style so as I wouldn’t sound like Micheal but I always seem to drift back to that familiar tone of his. I’ve sort of given up the ghost to be honest. Advice welcome.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement