Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White kitten

• 20-04-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to rescue / adopt a white kitten. I'm aware of the health risks that are associated with white cats as I had one for years who in turn had a horrible end to his little life and died aged 7.

Since then I adopted a grey cat who is 13 now but still acts like a kitten. She remains in my parents house.

I'd love another kitten, if anyone has seen or heard of a white kitten for adoption, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I know a rescue that has 2 snow white beautiful feral kittens. I know ferals can mean that bit extra work but I think it would be so worth it to get those 2 beauties out of rescue and trusting of humans. Only thing is I think they are only letting the 2 go together, they are siblings and completely devoted to one another! Do you think you might be interested in them? If you are ill pm you details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Oh really! The only thing is I would only be able to take one unfortunatly. I would love too but it's really a money matter. I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Could you pm me the details anyway and I'll try!

Thanks so much!

Just on a side note, when you say feral...is it much hard work to train and tame them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Ill pm the details when Im on proper internet Im only on the phone now! It is a bit of work but its so rewarding! Ive tamed down and rehomed 2 feral cats and 3 kittens, mostly by feeding them near me, sitting near them when they are eating and constantly talking to them getting them used to my voice. Eventually getting closer and closer each time until they can be rubbed. Then id start rubbing there backs while they eat, then after a while get them taking food from my hands. It kind of just goes on from there! I had one who would rub up to my chin if I was sitting beside her , where previously if I so much as looked at her shed run. If you do get one (or both you may change your mind):P id recommend keeping them indoors until they are tamed down. Its not that hard, just takes time, patience and a gentle touch :)

Advertisement