Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychology NUIM

Options
  • 20-04-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Anyone sit the Aptitude test for Psychology in NUIM cant seem to find any info on it and wouldnt mind having an idea of what to expect as im sitting the repeat tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi, i ll be sitting that exam tomorrow too. i emailed them a while ago and the person who got back to me said, decimals, fractions stats, etc will be covered in it. hope this helps. thats the only info i got.

i have one question, what is the purpose of this repeat exam. will some ppl who sat the last exam be sitting this one ??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

hey guys, i sat an aptitude test for psych in nuim this year and didn't get an interview, the maths part of the test was very very easy, adding basic fractions, finding the mean or a few numbers (they even gave instructions on how to do this) and nothing you can't work out in your head or very quickly on a piece of paper. if you are in any way competent with numbers i wouldn't worry too much

on the other hand if you got called back after the first test for a second one, then i imagine this one would be a little harder and brushing up on some algebra or other leaving cert level maths questions would be prudent

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

john 08 wrote: »
    hi, i ll be sitting that exam tomorrow too. i emailed them a while ago and the person who got back to me said, decimals, fractions stats, etc will be covered in it. hope this helps. thats the only info i got.

i have one question, what is the purpose of this repeat exam. will some ppl who sat the last exam be sitting this one ??

No the repeat is for those who were unable to sit the first exam thanks for the info I was afraid it was going to be a written assessment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

fiinch wrote: »
    hey guys, i sat an aptitude test for psych in nuim this year and didn't get an interview, the maths part of the test was very very easy, adding basic fractions, finding the mean or a few numbers (they even gave instructions on how to do this) and nothing you can't work out in your head or very quickly on a piece of paper. if you are in any way competent with numbers i wouldn't worry too much

on the other hand if you got called back after the first test for a second one, then i imagine this one would be a little harder and brushing up on some algebra or other leaving cert level maths questions would be prudent

No this is a repeat exam for those who were unable to sit the first exam, by the way you said Mary's part of the exam I'm guessing there was more too it verbal reasoning or written essay ? And sorry to hear you didnt get an interview are you sure that it's not premature?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

hi steoin sorry i wasn't onlien to answer in time you've probably already done the aptitude test, there was a short section on basic maths and a very general essay somewhere along the lines of "what does studying psych in NUIM mean to you" and you had an hour to do both

nothing too stressfull hope it went well for you guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

has anyone heard back from NUI Maynooth yet ??

Advertisement