Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casa Roma on Trip Advisor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

An entertaining read anyway, and very useful to know in case anyone I know ever thinks of going there!

Sorry but I can't help but find the image of the couple sitting upstairs on their own next to a Superser eating lettuce a very funny one!!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

WTF The last reply to a review there...
    You sent your children with your friend before so they wait around half hour before you came, (that is why all the order come as you progress to get together) your 11 or 12 year old girl eat a bruschetta and a pizza before you order the spaghetti for her as well... you had your debs in your 14 size dress, you better start pricing a 16 size for her.

I've never been there, I will never be there.

That guy is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

You sent your children with your friend before so they wait around half hour before you came, (that is why all the order come as you progress to get together) your 11 or 12 year old girl eat a bruschetta and a pizza before you order the spaghetti for her as well... you had your debs in your 14 size dress, you better start pricing a 16 size for her.

That guy is disgusting.

Jaysus, that guy is some piece of work!!! Won't be going anywhere near there in a hurry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Maybe it might not be the owner? Someone might be taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

That guy is disgusting.

I have reported all these posts to Trip Advisor, this one in particular has been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

They gotta be fake...don't they????

Ludo wrote: »
    They gotta be fake...don't they????

The reviews or the replies?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Both...some of the reviews are by the same person I imagine. I hope the replies from the "manager" are fake.

Ludo wrote: »
    Both...some of the reviews are by the same person I imagine. I hope the replies from the "manager" are fake.

I hope you are right about the management replies Ludo, they should be removed nonetheless. I'm always sceptical about one post wonders whether they are negative or positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I ate in Casa Roma last year and it had the closest tasting Pizza to Italy I have ever had.
    It was being run by Italians at the time and unfortunately closed down.
    I doubt it is the same management as I ate there a few times and the food and service was top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I ate in Casa Roma last year and it had the closest tasting Pizza to Italy I have ever had.
    It was being run by Italians at the time and unfortunately closed down.
    I doubt it is the same management as I ate there a few times and the food and service was top notch.

That would have been the original Casanova, it's renamed to Casa Roma now. Italian in Cork is a myth, there's nowhere that does it right (in my opinion). La Dolce Vita is worth a mention though, their food is nice. Everywhere else is disappointing.

That manager (if it is him/her replying) seems like a complete asshole!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Basil Fawlty is alive and well in Cork. Actually it almost makes me WANT to go there just to experience the whole Fawlty Towers dining experience :D

wispyman wrote: »
    Basil Fawlty is alive and well in Cork. Actually it almost makes me WANT to go there just to experience the whole Fawlty Towers dining experience :D

I almost agree, except it necessitates leaving without paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Dermighty wrote: »
    Italian in Cork is a myth, there's nowhere that does it right (in my opinion).

You tried Bacco in Ballincollig?

Owen wrote: »
    You tried Bacco in Ballincollig?

Technically that's not in the city...

No I haven't.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Maybe it might not be the owner? Someone might be taking the piss?

It probably is. The grammar used says it's a non native but long term speaker to me at least. And Italians (while I hate to generalise) can be quite abrasive if they think you are insulting them, and a lot of them will take criticism as a personal insult.

Technically that's not in the city...

No I haven't.

:P

Get your ass out there. It's superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

This is hilarious!

Owen wrote: »
    Get your ass out there. It's superb!

Why is it superb?

I like Italian food but in Ireland it's such a bad marriage of cost versus quality, almost 20 euro for a pasta dish here for half the quality, I've been to plenty of bad Italian restaurants in Italy however, so I don't have a romantic idea about how they are meant to be either :P

It just seems to me to be the closest thing to a real Italian restaurant that I've come to in Ireland, the owner Emiliano is a pure Italian lad, and the food is mouthwateringly good. Damn this thread, I'm overdue for a Bacco visit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Wow! That place could possible feature in an episode of Kitchen Nightmares.

The place, Casanova, that was there before was good if I remember correctly. What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Bacco's have nice food but the staff are god awful! Seem genuinely upset serving you most times!

They're Italian! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

So is Mario and he's pure happy.....yahoooooooo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

That would have been the original Casanova, it's renamed to Casa Roma now. Italian in Cork is a myth, there's nowhere that does it right (in my opinion). La Dolce Vita is worth a mention though, their food is nice. Everywhere else is disappointing.

That manager (if it is him/her replying) seems like a complete asshole!
    My Italian friends would disagree.
    Good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

You'd nearly go just to see how bad it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Aroganto CasaROMA

:cool:No, problem. stay away, this way will save you money... Happy?!!!

Thank you sir. I am sure you have also a good sense of humour...

If you come in! I let you insult me just to see how bad I replay, we will have some fun, trust me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

:cool:No, problem. stay away, this way will save you money... Happy?!!!

Reminds me of an arrogant Chef I came across in Tuscany that got VERY upset by a complaint about too little apple in what he saw as HIS apple pie :) (He told us to LOOK CLOSER!)

Not in the least surprised by the complaints and wouldn't be in the least surprised if the comments in tripadvisor were real. As was said here, if you criticise an Italian, you can expect offense to be taken!

Ah, but we love Italy... really. Just get your siht together!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement