Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless payments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Lucky for you who actually got one, the MFs wont give me one :*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Nuttzz,

The type of Visa Debit card you receive is account specific. If you wish to discuss your card type you can contact your branch and a staff member will be happy to help you.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Ben D Bus and Contactless,

I'd just like to confirm that no current account fees will be charged on contactless transactions until 30th April 2013. Personal current account fees are reviewed periodically and contactless pricing is covered by these reviews.

Thanks for your posts,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Could you provide a list of retailers in Ireland that have contactless pay points at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Poxyshamrock,

We don't have a full list of retailers that have contactless pay points.
    You can find information on where you can use your contactless card on Visa's own website here.

Most shops that will accept contactless payments will have the contactless symbol clearly displayed on the terminal.

I hope this helps.
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 jah718

So, I got my new card which does not have the contactless feature, but 3 other members of my family, who all have the same account type as me, got the contactless one. I want the contactless one, why was it not given to me and if i want one now, will I have to pay for it?

I just think it seems a little odd to give it to some but not others...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi jah718,

Thanks for contacting us.

The reason you did not receive a contactless card may be account specific.
    I would advise calling your branch who should be able to tell you the reason why you did not receive a contactless card.
    A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 39 jah718

As I said, they all have the same type of account as me. I just can't really understand why they would issue everyone with a new card and not roll out the new technology to everyone, but then Bank of Ireland doesn't really make sense in most things.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Why would you want a 'contactless card'? They are not secure and can be scanned by any half decent smartphone. Plus, it is only a matter of time before our indigenous low life realise they can steal them and run around town to buy €100 of smokes/booze before they get asked for a PIN. Worse till, they might smash your face in to rob your card. Knowing full well that when your noise is broken, the last thing on your mind is contacting the bank.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jah718,
    jah718 wrote: »
    As I said, they all have the same type of account as me.

Just to clarify, this is not due to the account type but due to individual circumstances. If you contact a Customer Advisor in your branch they should be able to clarify further.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Digging up an oldish thread as this is where I originally asked the question.

I've started using contactless recently (only in M&S as I'm still struggling to find other locations that take it!)

I note the transaction fee waiver has been extended to 16th August.

Sorry if this has been flagged in a separate thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Ben D Bus,

We can use the contactless facility at McDonalds and some Topaz stations. There may be other merchants who also allow the facility which we are not aware of.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Well it would seem Laser cards no longer work, which is great seeing as BOI did not send me a Visa Debit card. Now must wait up to a week for a new card! Not at all happy! :mad:

Advertisement