Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run In

Options
  • 20-04-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been very productive this lunchtime and have been trying to work out where we will finish. I have tried to be fair and unbiased in my results and I think we can still get 3rd if our goal difference improves.

Spurs
    QPR (A) - Win
    Blackburn (H) - Win
    Bolton (A) - Win
    A. Villa (A) - Draw
    Fulham (H) - Win

Points - 13 + 59 = 72

Arsenal
    Chelsea (H) - Draw
    Stoke (A) - Draw
    Norwich (H) - Win
    West Brom (A) - Win

Points - 8 + 64 = 72

Chelsea
    Arsenal (A) - Draw
    QPR (H) - Win
    Newcastle (H) - Draw
    Liverpool (A) - Draw
    Blackburn (H) - Win

Points - 9 + 57 = 66

Newcastle
    Stoke (H) - Win
    Wigan (A) - Win
    Chelsea (A) - Draw
    Man City (H) - Lose
    Everton (A) - Draw

Points - 8 + 59 = 67

Table after
    3rd Arsenal 72
    4th Spurs 72
    5th Newcastle 67
    6th Chelsea 66

This is all depending on teams giving up after being relegated, preoccupied by other competitions (chelsea still have to play liverpool again in cup final & could be in champs league final). Man City still in with a shout of the title...

Let the pessimism / optimism begin!!!
    (What will paddy power give me?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Or if things go differently as could easily happen.

Spurs
    QPR (A) - Loss
    Blackburn (H) - Win
    Bolton (A) - Draw
    A. Villa (A) - Draw
    Fulham (H) - Win

Points - 8 + 59 = 67

Arsenal
    Chelsea (H) - Win
    Stoke (A) - Draw
    Norwich (H) - Win
    West Brom (A) - Win

Points - 10 + 64 = 74

Chelsea
    Arsenal (A) - Loss
    QPR (H) - Win
    Newcastle (H) - win
    Liverpool (A) - Draw
    Blackburn (H) - Win

Points - 10 + 57 = 67

Newcastle
    Stoke (H) - Win
    Wigan (A) - Win
    Chelsea (A) - Lose
    Man City (H) - Lose
    Everton (A) - Draw

Points - 7 + 59 = 66

Table after
    3rd Arsenal 74
    4th Spurs 67
    5th Chelsea 67
    6th Newcastle 66

We will sneak 4th on Goal difference :D. Nah seriously you can't predict results on paper as has been proved last week, unfortunately we are just going to have to suffer for the next few weeks and pray we come out on top. Either way COYS!!! TTID

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

To be honest for third we need to win the 5 and i just can't see it happening.

If Chelsea come out of the next five games with more then seven points i'll eat my hat. They are gonna gun for for the champions league. I expect Arsenal to hammer them and Liverpool, Newcastle , QPR can beat anyone on their day.

Gonna be tough times ahead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ziedth wrote: »
    QPR can beat anyone on their day.

Quiet you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Any of those two run in's will do lads as long as they come to be.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Spurs............. the most stressful team to follow according to a "Boots" survey.
    Valium anyone :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Spurs - currently on 59 +8 below = 67

Blackburn (H) - Win
    Bolton (A) - Win
    A. Villa (A) - Draw
    Fulham (H) - Draw

Arsenal - currently on 64 +4 = 68

Stoke (A) - Lose
    Norwich (H) - Win
    West Brom (A) - Draw

Chelsea - currently on 58 + 7 = 65 . If they beat qpr at home then it could be 67

QPR (H) - Draw
    Newcastle (H) - Win
    Liverpool (A) - Lose
    Blackburn (H) - WIn

Newcastle - currently on 62 + 1 = 63

Wigan (A) - Lose
    Chelsea (A) - Lose
    Man City (H) - Lose
    Everton (A) - Draw

I think newcastle will lost their next 3 and fall away. WIgan are playing very well and could beat them . Even if they do win one of the next 3 then that would still put them on 66

Its going to be a nail biting finish , we could end up level on points with chelsea and we have the same goal difference as them also! What happens then ? Our two games this season were draws , who gets 4th?

If we win our last 4 then we get 4th i believe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think that's a prett optimistic view of our run in, and a pretty negative view of the other teams run in. Arsenal won't drop points at Stoke, and i'd be very surprised if Newcastle lost to Wigan I'd say it will finish as it is.

1. United
    2. City
    3. Arsenal
    4. Newcastle
    5. Spurs
    6. Chelsea

Kiith wrote: »
    I think that's a prett optimistic view of our run in, and a pretty negative view of the other teams run in. Arsenal won't drop points at Stoke, and i'd be very surprised if Newcastle lost to Wigan I'd say it will finish as it is.

1. United
    2. City
    3. Arsenal
    4. Newcastle
    5. Spurs
    6. Chelsea

arsenal will get 3rd so what they do is not our concern

wigan have beaten arsenal and united in last two weeks , why can they not beat newcastle at home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think we can forget about Arsenal. Chelsea looked good against Arsenal yesterday , which is a worry as they could be coming into form as well. I reckon they'll beat QPR and Blackburn, perhaps drawing the other 2. That's 8 points. Who knows what Newcastle will do as they're in great form, but their last 3 games are very tough. Still, there might be nothing for City to play for. I still think they're now the most likely to get 4th and will probably come out of the last 4 games with anywhere from 6 to 9 points, enough for 4th.

As for us, we should be Blackburn and Fulham, and we should beat one of the away teams, but considering how crap our form is I can't see that happening and Bolton and Villa must be rubbing their hands at the thought of us coming along. I'd say we might get 5 - 6 points out of 12, maybe 9 if they picked themselves up and played like they gave a ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think those results are very optimistic for Spurs.

I honestly cant see where the nxt points will come from. If we cant beat a norwich team that had nothing to play for at WHL then what chance have we against villa and bolton.

We might pick up 3-4 points from the home games but thats it.

• Advertisement

Also remember that we haven't won away this year, so what's going to change? If we were on form I'd say we'd have a chance against Villa and Bolton, but not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I know Newcastle are on a great run but that has to come to an end. Look at arsenal now. Saying that our run has to end soon, i.e. next week!!!
    I think we will win our two home games ans draw the 2 away.
    Spurs, chelsea & newcastle are playing relegation fighting teams, wont be easy. Arsenal can cruise from here as stoke norwich and west brom have nothing to play for as are practically safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Spurs - currently on 59 +8 below = 67

Blackburn (H) - Win
    Bolton (A) - Win
    A. Villa (A) - Draw
    Fulham (H) - Draw

Arsenal - currently on 65 +4 = 69

Norwich (H) - Win
    West Brom (A) - Draw

Chelsea - currently on 58 + 7 = 65

QPR (H) - Win
    Newcastle (H) - Draw
    Liverpool (A) - Lose
    Blackburn (H) - WIn

Newcastle - currently on 62 + 2 = 64

Chelsea (A) - Draw
    Man City (H) - Lose
    Everton (A) - Draw

Newcastle result great for us,Arsenal one not bad either. Win 3 of our last 4 and 3rd is still possible...

COYS!!!

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say we're gonna win 3 of our last 4 and Arsenal won't win either game. Newcastle will empolde and Chelsea will win all four of their games.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say we're gonna win 3 of our last 4 and Arsenal won't win either game. Newcastle will empolde and Chelsea will win all three of their games.

arsenal at home against norwich is a banker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say we're gonna win 3 of our last 4 and Arsenal won't win either game. Newcastle will empolde and Chelsea will win all four of their games.

Get your neck on that block while i sharpen my axe....

Spurs dont have the bottle they blew it

Hehe that's the spirit! You would imagine Arsenal will definitely win 1. To win 3 of our 4 remaining we have to win away from home, something we have done this year. It could happen. Tbh, I'll be chuffed if we start with a win tomorrow and at least see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I don't think we've even scored away since the Arsenal game…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Newcastle imploded against Wigan today at least,good result for us.

Advertisement