Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1/2 price steak on the stone meal in Bra15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Doesn't really seem all that great a deal to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

fletch wrote: »
    Doesn't really seem all that great a deal to me?
    +1. And the normal price of 60 for the dish is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

dodzy wrote: »

Thats 60 for two people. Seems steep. That said I've heard its pretty good from people I know. I've never eaten there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

They had been doing steak on the stone for 1 for €15, Mon-Thurs for months, nice spot.

I thought it was cheaper before alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I like the food in this place but the service absolutely lets it down.

I don't think it is fair to advertise it as a "family friendly" restaurant when they have no baby changing facilities. You have to carry your child down fifteen steep steps into the only bathroom of the place which is in the basement, and then change them on the tile floor. Doesn't sound very "family friendly" to me?

And this voucher deal is a complete con as they have been doing this price for the last two years anyway.

Steak is nice there alright but as I said, not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What I never understood about this steak on a stone thing is that they actually charge you more for cooking your own steak than what it would if you got it cooked to your liking and delivered to your table.

They'd need to offer you free dry cleaning or something with it, you stink as if you've been working in a kitchen all day after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh may as well stay at home and just buy a good piece of steak.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Brasserie 15 is easily one of the best restaurants in Dublin 15. The food is of a consistently good standard but I agree that the service can be patchy and slow.

The steak on a stone thingy is really just a gimmick. I prefer my steak done in the kitchen and then served up to me. Lots of places are now doing the "steak on a stone" item.

As it's located in Castleknock it seems to get a fairly good level
    of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cbrlover

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Brasserie 15 is easily one of the best restaurants in Dublin 15. The food is of a consistently good standard but I agree that the service can be patchy and slow.

Sorry, but how can you make a statement like this? That makes the rest of the restaurants look very bad. With food only “consistently good” not even very good and the service “patchy and slow” How can it be “one of the best restaurants in Dublin 15”?

I have had the misfortune of eating there twice. After the first time I said I would never go back but a friend asked us to go for her birthday and we did.

For me the service is crap at best and the food is only good at best and that is pushing it. I also gave their Tapas a go, over priced crap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

cbrlover wrote: »
    Sorry, but how can you make a statement like this? That makes the rest of the restaurants look very bad. With food only “consistently good” not even very good and the service “patchy and slow” How can it be “one of the best restaurants in Dublin 15”?

I have had the misfortune of eating there twice. After the first time I said I would never go back but a friend asked us to go for her birthday and we did.

For me the service is crap at best and the food is only good at best and that is pushing it. I also gave their Tapas a go, over priced crap.

Well, I'm only giving my opinion, which I think I'm allowed to do. I've eaten in lots of restaurants all over Dublin 15 and all over Dublin generally. From my experiences of eating there, Brasserie 15 is quite good for a suburban restaurant IMO. IMO there are NO restaurants that really stand out in Dublin 15. Certainly none that people from the rest of the city would go out of their way to patronise.

Do you perchance have an interest in a competing restaurant? Because you really sound very aggrieved over my post.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cbrlover

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Do you perchance have an interest in a competing restaurant? Because you really sound very aggrieved over my post.:rolleyes:

I could have asked the same question of you about Brasserie 15 :rolleyes: considering you think it is the best restaurant in the area, yet you really don’t give it a good report. Yes you are entitled to your opinion; I just find it an unusual one.

I have absolutely no connection to another restaurant. I do however have a catering background at management level. The place has potential but needs a big shake up in management, staff and the quality of their food. The problem is they think they are far better than they are. And that’s my professional opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

The restaurant is average the food is average, the steak on the stone is actually very nice.

They were doing an early bird menu for around 15e pps sun - thur but this did not include the steak on the stone IIRC there was a 10e supplement if you wanted the steak

so the normal price would have been 50e for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hunglikeaflee

cbrlover wrote: »
    The place has potential but needs a big shake up in management, staff and the quality of their food. The problem is they think they are far better than they are.

Correct on both points.

dodzy wrote: »

But its on a stone ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Whoever wrote the piece on the deal in question is a terrible writer!

"The beautiful fillet is presented on a piping hot stone and you can watch your choice cut cook to perfection right in front of you"
    I don't find meat 'beautiful' (does anyone except Damien Hirst?) , and the words 'choice cut cook' could be misread to mean the cook of your choice will cook it for you.
    Plus the reviews on the restauraunt look a bit hokey to me- ALL 5 stars except one 4 star?

...beautiful fillet....mmmmm...

Advertisement