Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone IT Android App Now Available

• 20-04-2012 2:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For any smartphone users, the Athlone IT android app is now available on Google Play store, for free of course! Made by one of the student's in college, its very concise and covers all of the timetables as well as a handy map. It's also Ad free for those concerned.

App is here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I know this lad - very talented guy, who has a bright future ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

gyppo wrote: »
    I know this lad - very talented guy, who has a bright future ahead of him.

And now I'm wondering who you are...

Also, cheers cherryghost for posting it. Meant to post it myself and kinda forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 WeirdBren

I downloaded the app, and my timetable doesn't show up!? Is their a fix for this or does it not work because the semester hasn't started?

WeirdBren wrote: »
    I downloaded the app, and my timetable doesn't show up!? Is their a fix for this or does it not work because the semester hasn't started?

It's because the semester hasn't started yet. In order to keep it simple, I made it default to this week's timetable. Just hit refresh when you start the semester and it should show up. If not, let me know and I'll look into it. Doesn't look like they've changed anything in the timetable system this year though.

ok thanks!:) Love the app though...will be very helpful!

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone comes along about the timetables not working, I'm aware of the issue, and I'm hoping to get it fixed at some point this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 Jonathon_F

Tried to download this App but failed miserably. Getting Apps from Google is very un user friendly for a technophobe like me.

Pity its not available at the Apple store. So much easier to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Esox Lucias

Downloaded the app last week, no timetables up, so uninstalled and reinstalled it today. All working fine now. Cheers for what looks like is a must have app for an AIT student and will keep me on time this year.

App is working great:) Don't know if this is the right place to ask...but does anyone know how I can get my college emails on my ipod touch..like what the server is and domain?...Here's what I'm talking about....http://support.sbwh.com/KB/a45/iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-exchange-setup.aspx

App is working great:) Don't know if this is the right place to ask...but does anyone know how I can get my college emails on my ipod touch..like what the server is and domain?...Here's what I'm talking about....http://support.sbwh.com/KB/a45/iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-exchange-setup.aspx
    Not really the right place, but sure I'll answer anyway. To get the server, log into your account on a laptop/desktop and use the domain in the address bar. It'll be random characters and letters then .outlook.com, like fj52fj9.outlook.com

That's the server to use. Pretty sure it varies from person to person. Pretty sure you can just leave domain blank. Make sure you put in your full email address as the username and not just your student ID.

You should be able to add it to your Android device too by the way, using the same settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Login to your student email and click 'About' on the question mark menu. A new window will open, and if you scroll down you'll find POP, IMAP and SMTP settings.

Advertisement