Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itunes back up query

• 20-04-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    Im not technical at all. I have an ipod and I listen to all my music on my ipod, using itunes. If anythin ever happened to my laptop, woulld I lose all the music stored on my itunes, or is my nussic altomatially backed up by Apple onto a cloud/back up server somewhre else?
    If not, what can I/should I do to back up my itunes library so that its safe?
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

You can back your library using dvd's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iTunes purchased music can be re-downloaded, but for any music you ripped or acquired yourself you would need iTunes Match.

In the case of a hard drive failure it's also possible to transfer music from your iPod back to your computer. It's not ideal though as you lose things like playlists, etc.

Backing up to an external hard drive is another option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks johnayo - Im guessing from your response that if you damage/lose your computer you lose your itunes library?
    Is this correct?
    If so, how would you back up your itunes library using a DVD?
    My itunes library is 22.74GB, would one DVD be eough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

This looks like you can back up to an external hard drive.(didn't realise you could re-download purchased music).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

banjobongo wrote: »
    thanks johnayo - Im guessing from your response that if you damage/lose your computer you lose your itunes library?
    Is this correct?
    If so, how would you back up your itunes library using a DVD?
    My itunes library is 22.74GB, would one DVD be eough?

At 4.7GB per single sided DVD, no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement