Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable ID to open account?

• 20-04-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have been dealing with Linda (BOI) by PM on this issue, and she asked me to post this for the information of others.

For proof of address, what exact forms are acceptable to BOI?
    I was told over the phone that a recent mortgage statement from a non BOI account would not be acceptable?

Maybe a list of what is/what is not acceptable and time validity would be a help.

Thanks again to Linda who has already helped me on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi dobsdave,

Thank you for posting your question. To clarify these forms for proof of address is in relation to credit cards.

Acceptable forms would be a bank/mortgage statement from another financial institution. Otherwise you could use a motor tax renewal form, motor/car insurance renewal forms, revenue or social welfare documents. Also ebills or green bills can be an acceptable form of proof of address but must be signed and stamped in a Bank of Ireland branch. Any document used need to be dated in last 6 months.

Thanks again
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cortina

I was advised by different branches different info . I opened my a/c using a Tesco Clubcard statement and photo id. I beleive when you call your branch you get through to a central office not your branch so maybe that is where confusing is with staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi cortina,

I know not stated in the op but the question was in relation to credit cards and that is the ones I have named above. If it was a current account or savings account there may be different forms of address acceptable.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement