Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Credit Cards

Options
  • 20-04-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Hello

My BOI credit card expires in the next few months. I've been trying to book some holidays for later in the year (after the card expires), and am continually told that I cannot use a card which has an expiry date previous to when I will be using the service.

What do people normally do in this circumstance, when their card is near expiry? Do they just have to wait until the new card arrives?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi krankykitty,

Thanks for your query. This is something that happens from time to time and is down to the holiday companies' own procedures. If you give them a call they may have the option of 'provisionally booking' the holiday for you. In this case the expiry date on the card wouldn't matter.

You also have the option of requesting your replacement card early. This can be done up to three months before your current card expires. So for example, if your current credit card expires in September of this year you can request the replacement any time in June. Just ring Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251 and they can take care of it for you.

Have a good weekend
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Thanks Pat, that answers that!

Advertisement