Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What makes you shudder...

• 20-04-2012 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

I mean in a way that makes you itch and feel grossly uncomfortable...

For me it's Cymothoa exigua

It's a parasite that leeches off fish.. It climbs into the mouth, eats the tongue and then becomes the tongue of the host fish...

*cringe*

Picture not for the weak stomach...

So what does it for you? What do you think of that lil fella and imagine him being part of you... :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Electric toothbrush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Hairdressers using electric razors.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Isnt there a fish that crawls up your slong if you pee in the amazon.

I'm petrified that Ill end up waist deep in the amazon needing to go. Even as I sit on my ass in County Meath I worry about that. Like its about to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

cycling over those small speed bumps..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Someone scratching their nail up and down the string of a guitar. Just the noise alone makes me shudder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Knowing that I have all those organs such as a heart, lungs, liver and brain and such inside me. Contemplate that..............see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

The vitriol in some of the posts on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Babies crying; I don't know what it is but it makes me want to run away - quite fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Ejaculating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The time I booked the Liza Minnelli impersonator who turned out to be Liza Minnelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

peeing after holding it in for way too long. i get a shudder just at the end.
    i call it a weegasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The thought of been buried alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Cotton wool on dry hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

darlett wrote: »
    Isnt there a fish that crawls up your slong if you pee in the amazon.

I'm petrified that Ill end up waist deep in the amazon needing to go. Even as I sit on my ass in County Meath I worry about that. Like its about to happen.

But how do you know it doesn't happen every time you go to the toilet, they could be hiding in the cistern as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BazDel

The squeaky sound your shoe makes off wet car mats, the rubber ones... Can't stand it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

fat chicks .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

and this......
    its not nice at all.

infact dont click it.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/graphics/lamprey1.jpg

edit:just found out it's fake but it still creeps the fuck out of me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

foam in couchs

my god it freaks me out :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The thought of a swift kick to the balls.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

PauloConn wrote: »
    But how do you know it doesn't happen every time you go to the toilet, they could be hiding in the cistern as we speak

Damn you Paul-I can only ever wee in a jug from now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

People grinding their teeth - oh God, I just got all goosepimply there.... ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My then 3 year old brother dragging a fork against a marble fireplace with a look of sheer rascality (it's a word) in his eyes. He knew what he was doing.

I cant look at animals or people with any extra body parts. There was a baby in the paper the other day with 6 legs, I nearly spewed. Same thing happened a year or two ago when there was a cat with one head but two faces on the newspaper. Begged my mate not to open it on that page again but he kept threatening to do it.

Anything with leg breakages in sport. Click at your own risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

^^^
    horrific.

/thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭RedXIV

the thought of heavy stuff being dragged across carpet....practically gagging at the thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Watching those people in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre with their feet in tubs of water letting fish eat their rotting skin.

It makes me shudder for a number of reasons:
    1. They're letting fish eat skin of their feet.
    2. Rotting skin!
    3. I don't really like looking at strangers' feet.
    4. That water contains other peoples' rotting skin and also (presumably) fish sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Watching those people in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre with their feet in tubs of water letting fish eat their rotting skin.

2. Rotting skin!
    4. That water contains other peoples' rotting skin and also (presumably) fish sh*t.

Dude, wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

A mind blowing orgasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Papercuts.........uuuugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Sykk wrote: »

It's a parasite that leeches off fish.. It climbs into the mouth, eats the tongue and then becomes the tongue of the host fish...

*cringe*

So what does it for you? What do you think of that lil fella and imagine him being part of you... :eek:
    That picture is absolutely disgusting OP, poor fish, the things bloody huge!I really wish I could unsee it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

A quote from Sir David Attenborough:

"My response is that when Creationists talk about God creating every individual species as a separate act, they always instance hummingbirds, or orchids, sunflowers and beautiful things. But I tend to think instead of a parasitic worm that is boring through the eye of a boy sitting on the bank of a river in West Africa, [a worm] that's going to make him blind. And [I ask them], 'Are you telling me that the God you believe in, who you also say is an all-merciful God, who cares for each one of us individually, are you saying that God created this worm that can live in no other way than in an innocent child's eyeball? Because that doesn't seem to me to coincide with a God who's full of mercy'."

Whatever about the God bit, the idea that this parasite ****ing exists for that exact purpose tells me that West Africa is now way down on the list of places to visit for me, thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

The feel of ice cream sticks and toilet paper. Apples too.

The Fly. The 1980's one with Jeff Goldblum.

The whole transformation from human to brundlefly is genuinely vomit-inducing. Especially the bit where he vomits. And the bit where he peels his fingernails off.

Makes me shudder every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Listening to people slurping drinks or food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭battle_hardend

A quote from Sir David Attenborough:

"My response is that when Creationists talk about God creating every individual species as a separate act, they always instance hummingbirds, or orchids, sunflowers and beautiful things. But I tend to think instead of a parasitic worm that is boring through the eye of a boy sitting on the bank of a river in West Africa, [a worm] that's going to make him blind. And [I ask them], 'Are you telling me that the God you believe in, who you also say is an all-merciful God, who cares for each one of us individually, are you saying that God created this worm that can live in no other way than in an innocent child's eyeball? Because that doesn't seem to me to coincide with a God who's full of mercy'."

Whatever about the God bit, the idea that this parasite ****ing exists for that exact purpose tells me that West Africa is now way down on the list of places to visit for me, thank you very much.

believers have a full magazine of slogans ready to shoot in those instances

THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

'Hey, can we go shopping in town tomorrow? I just need to pick up a dress....'

That's the weekend gone then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

The Eastenders theme song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Dude, wake up.

Dude. Wake up to what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

sexy thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Sykk wrote: »

*cringe*

Did anyone notice that the fish appears to have human teeth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

FatherLen wrote: »
    peeing after holding it in for way too long. i get a shudder just at the end.
    i call it a weegasm.

Off topic, but I've been told this is purely a male peculiarity, Is this True?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

My boyfriends belly button.it actually makes me shudder so much I had to come on here and tell everyone. It's so weird. It goes nowhere! Its not normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

When you're using a chainsaw and you cone across a piece of stone or a nail and the blade grinds for a few seconds. I somehow think straight away that it's gonna snap and tear me in half.

Also using a kango or a hilti drill tends to make you shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Cleaning lint from the inner parts of your belly button. Get that weird insidey feeling. Then I think, it's just the severed end of your umbilical cord, then I feel queasy and a little faint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Childbirth
    Piercings
    Tattoos
    Can't watch any of them, I shudder, feel faint and nauseous.

Oh and people butchering words by mispronouncing them incorrectly. heard someone say mehud, instead of method one day, made my fecking skin crawl.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Many people have the Vote .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

2. Rotting skin!

How it makes me feel :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement