Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to Increase upload speed

Options
  • 20-04-2012 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hello,

Is there an option to increase my broadband upload speed? I am a residential customer on NGB 8mb package. I need more upload bandwidth for backing up to an online backup service and also for running a home server (family photos and videos).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hello,

Is there an option to increase my broadband upload speed? I am a residential customer on NGB 8mb package. I need more upload bandwidth for backing up to an online backup service and also for running a home server (family photos and videos).

Thanks.

Hi DoubleBogey,

Your upload & download speeds are set within the package parameters (and are subject to line, distance or exchange limitations)

Your current package:

Next Generation Broadband Regular

Up to 8Mb
    Maximum speeds:
    Download 8,192kbps
    Upload 512kbps

I am afraid it is not possible to increase the upload speed above the advertised package limitations.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement