Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you give birth in comparison to your due date?

Options
  • 20-04-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Just purely for curiosity's sake and maybe see how common going overdue actually is, when did you give birth in comparison to your due date?

Can't narrow poll down to days so just round your answer to the nearest week.

When did you give birth in comparison to your due date? 124 votes

Term + 2wks
    0% 0 votes
    Term + 1wks
    25% 31 votes
    Your due date (or within a couple days of it)
    22% 28 votes
    39 weeks
    20% 26 votes
    38 weeks
    10% 13 votes
    37 weeks
    8% 10 votes
    36 weeks
    7% 9 votes
    35 weeks
    3% 4 votes
    Prior to 35 weeks
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Mink wrote: »
    Just purely for curiosity's sake and maybe see how common going overdue actually is, when did you give birth in comparison to your due date?

Can't narrow poll down to days so just round your answer to the nearest week.

I voted 39 weeks but that was as had to have section as baby breech! I'd say I'd have gone well over as didn't feel a bit ready at 39 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

I went 11 days over on my son, sweet divine I was huge! Was induced three days before my EDD on my daughter so going so far over was alien to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Term +6 for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Induced at term+9!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

2 at 39 weeks 1 at 35 weeks, all spontaneous....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

First at 38+6, second about 2days early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

vote term +2 weeks but also had a term and a term plus 2 days, so maybe you should have asked what the longest pregnancy was?
    sorry just notived that the plus2 option was over 40% WOW. and also can someone else add up the %s as I think it is over 100% in total???

I'm a bloke, so I didn't vote. But my son was born 5 days after his "due date", so I thought I'd add that note to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

Exactly 14 days over! Was due to induced but ended up going myself! Longest two weeks of my life but if I could go back I'd spend those two weeks having lie ins!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

my lil man was born at 9.33am on his due date after approx 20 hours in labour. only an hour of unbareable labour till i got my epi at 3am :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

My daughter arrived at term + 14 days. I was due in for induction the morning she arrived, but ended up going into labour spontaneously the night prior.
    They still needed to break my waters the following morning, but when they did she arrived within the hour :)

No. 2 is currently cooking at the moment, was due Thursday but as yet not a stir!
    Fully expecting to go the full 2 weeks over this time too, though requesting a sweep on Monday so fingers crossed that will work!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplecat

just under 29 weeks for our two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

No 1 - 36 weeks, induced

No 2 - 38 weeks, spontaneous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Induced at term+9!

Yay, your little one is here! Congratulations, what did you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

purplecat wrote: »
    just under 29 weeks for our two.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

My two lads were term + 10 days. Both had to be induced, lazy lumps :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

10 days over and induced + C Section... he was mahoosive :D 8lb 11oz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

my daughter came naturally at 38 weeks, she was two weeks early but was bigger than most newborns, so im thinking they got my dates wrong! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Wow lots of overdue babies! I guess it is very common then!

It's funny how we say that "baby doesn't want to come out" or "baby will come when he or she wants" when really it's down to our bodies cos it's our hormones that jump starts everything.

I know if I go ovedue though I'll be giving out to baby to get a move on :D

For those who have had more than one baby, I set up the poll so you can enter multiple answers. Dad's feel free to answer as well, tis your baby too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

our son came right on his due date last october

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

My first and only baby I was 8 days over. MY edd was 100% correct as I know exactly when he was conceived and he was still late :)
    I'm surprised by all the overdues especially when doctors in this country are so quick to induce. I was 2 days over and Dr wanted to induce me I refused :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Induced at term+9!

Yay, your little one is here! Congratulations, what did you have?

Little boy on Easter Sunday weighing 8lbs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    My first and only baby I was 8 days over. MY edd was 100% correct as I know exactly when he was conceived and he was still late :)
    I'm surprised by all the overdues especially when doctors in this country are so quick to induce. I was 2 days over and Dr wanted to induce me I refused :)

I'm surprised too at the high percentage that went term + 2 weeks :eek: I thought it would be a lot less I'll admit.
    It seems to be the opposite in the hospital I'm attending, they wont seem to consider any form of induction or anything to bring on labour until term + 10 days.

I requested a sweep at 39+4 & was refused, back in hospital Monday when I'll be 40+4 & will be requesting one again then.
    I'm praying that they will do it. I had one last time & know its not much fun but I'm scared if they leave this child inside much longer it'll be toddler sized by the time he arrives & I'm the one that has to push him out :o At 35 weeks we was measuring at 6lbs 5ozs & he's had another 5+ weeks to cook since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

My first child was 6 weeks early and second child 2 weeks early.
    Feels like a long long time ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

My first at 39 weeks and went 23 days over on my second, when I went in at 41 weeks they told me they had given me the wrong date and I was only 39 weeks but the other date was exact to the date I had in my head. They didnt even induce me, spontaneous delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Number 1 term + 7
    Number 2 term + 12
    Number 3 term +13
    Number 4 term + 13

All were threatened with eviction but then arrived on their own.. :eek: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I voted term + 2 weeks but I was actually Term +17.
    Longest I've heard of is term +22 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ourweeboy

Just under 37 weeks for me, I was not ready!!! But it all went smoothly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jecca1

My first daughter 39 weeks
    My second daughter - 38 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

38 weeks and 1 day. unexpected but delighted!!

Advertisement