Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you give birth in comparison to your due date?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

my twin sons were born at 25 weeks and 4 days weighing one pound 12ounces and one pound 13 ounces.

scary, horrible times, our first born died after 15 days and the other lad spent the next 11 weeks in hospital.

not a bother on him now though.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Both my kids were exactly a week overdue. I was told that if you have a long menstrual cycle, youll tend to go over your dates. Dunno how true that is but it was the case for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

farmchoice wrote: »
    my twin sons were born at 25 weeks and 4 days weighing one pound 12ounces and one pound 13 ounces.

scary, horrible times, our first born died after 15 days and the other lad spent the next 11 weeks in hospital.

not a bother on him now though.

wow, sorry to hear that but its amazing to even see a baby at 25 weeks.

my sister in law measured her cycle, then worked out she as probably going to give birth at 40 +10, so she fibbed about her dates and had her baby exactly at 40 +10.

dont think i've ever had a cycle so no point even trying.
    first baby was 37+4 second as 39+4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Babs born on due date after 25 hours in labour!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

Term plus nine days overdue, got induced in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 firemansammie

littlebug wrote: »
    My first child was 6 weeks early and second child 2 weeks early.
    Feels like a long long time ago now.

Same for me!! 1st a girl 5lb12oz
    Boy 2nd 7lb13oz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was 3 days overdue, and induced. I lost my mucous plug and was 2 cm dilated from 3 weeks before term so I really thought I would give birth 1) early and 2) naturally. Shows what I know! :)

My gynaecologist does not want his patients to go more than a week overdue. He also likes to induce during the week so he can be sure he's present for the birth (he is on call every third weekend).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Same for me!! 1st a girl 5lb12oz
    Boy 2nd 7lb13oz!!

:) my first was girl too, smaller than yours at 4lb12oz (3 weeks til I got to take her home:() and my second a boy who I thought was HUGE at 7lbs 11oz.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Went into labour at term +5 and Adam was born at term +7. Seriously didn't expect to go overdue because I had a false alarm at 26 weeks, and we were being told by the hospital to basically be prepared for the baby to come early. They said if I made it to 36 weeks they'd be delighted, but it seems the little guy got much too comfy in there. Luckily he didn't have to be evicted though!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Gave birth to my son the day before my due date, very punctual like his mammy ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 HappyKate

My daughter was born 1 week earlier and my son was born 1 day before his due date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Coal1978

Baby born today two days from due date. 1st baby little over 9 hours from when water broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

Went into labour at 1.20am into my due date and was born 23.20 that night. It was a loooooong day! Apparently only 4% of children are born on their due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My first was born 3 days before her due date. I was induced due to pre eclampsia

My second was induced too...he was born 5 days after my due date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Chickabic

I was given three different due dates from three different proffessionals but the dates where a week or two from each other.

My daughter was born on one of the due dates that was given.

Hopefully this time around, only found out two weeks ago that me and my boyfriend will be having a new edition to our family. I will be only given one due date.

Super excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congratulations Chickabic!

My no. 2 arrived 5 days after due date, was induced again.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

My first was 37+3, surprise and unprepared, but all went very well and very quick.
    I am now 3 days overdue with no2, this waiting game is totally new to me and although Im still quite comfortable, I am so impatient! Never thought you could be looking forward to labor this much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Just thought I'd add, my first was 8lbs 9o at nearly 3 weeks early and dates were spot on (hubby was working away so I know the exact conception date)
    What bloody size is this one gonna be now :eek: Im all belly but I am weighing and absolute ton!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭short

I was 2 and a half weeks early with my little one, totally unprepared as was expecting to go over as first but all well, 24 hrs labour and then emergency c section

Good luck to all expectant Moms

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

1st: + 14 days
    2nd: + 11 days and then induced not to interfere with weekend golf (I found out later, by chance)
    3rd: + 10 days
    4th: due date exactly.

The first three were big babies - 9, 9and a half, and 10. The on-time one was 7 and a half pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

born one day past due date by emergency section.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 karmafi

1st 36 weeks
    2nd & 3rd 27 weeks
    4th & 5th 38+4
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

First Induced term + 10
    Second Induced term + 10

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

karmafi wrote: »
    1st 36 weeks
    2nd & 3rd 27 weeks
    4th & 5th 38+4
    :D

Was there any reason you went early with yours? And did your mum go early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Two weeks early with my first, one week early on my second and hoping to go early on my thrid due at end of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

First 7 days early, second 10 days over, third 1 day early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Did ye find that you fell into a similar pattern to your own mum? ie; she went overdue on all hers & so did you, or she went early & so did you?
    looksee wrote: »
    2nd: + 11 days and then induced not to interfere with weekend golf (I found out later, by chance)

Charming :rolleyes: I take it this is your consultant you're talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Mink wrote: »
    Did ye find that you fell into a similar pattern to your own mum? ie; she went overdue on all hers & so did you, or she went early & so did you?

I was +11 days on number 1 and was so convinced that it would happen with number 2 that I hadn't a bag packed when I went into labour 2 days over:eek:

My mam was induced with all four of us!

Advertisement