Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build €500 - Non gaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

All seems good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

you got to think about the looks aswell though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

For the extra €10, you might as well pick up the 2500K instead. It'll allow you to overclock from the default speed of 3.4GHz up to 4.4GHz very easily, with a probably maximum speed of around 4.8GHz. You might not be into overclocking now, but if/when you look into it in the future, and realise how criminally easy it is (literally, two settings in your BIOS need changing, that's it) you'll kick yourself for not getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Serephucus wrote: »
    For the extra €10, you might as well pick up the 2500K instead. It'll allow you to overclock from the default speed of 3.4GHz up to 4.4GHz very easily, with a probably maximum speed of around 4.8GHz. You might not be into overclocking now, but if/when you look into it in the future, and realise how criminally easy it is (literally, two settings in your BIOS need changing, that's it) you'll kick yourself for not getting it.

I do want to over clock. I have done on AMD's before.. Thanks for the info I can afford 10 euro for that

• Advertisement

Oh my bad, you also have a H61 board. You'll need P67, Z68 Z75 (I think), or Z77 if you want OCing support.

This is the best bang-for-the-buck one going at the moment:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=52888&agid=1601

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

is a gpu necessary for a non gaming machine with i5 integrated graphics?

Photoshop is partly GPU-accelerated, so I wouldn't say no to one, but you could certainly get by without it ok. It's used for the content aware stuff (I think) as well as previews and panning and zooming, that sort of thing.

sosmyface wrote: »
    is a gpu necessary for a non gaming machine with i5 integrated graphics?

This is true. OP, maybe go with an overclockable CPU and MB and use the integrated graphics for the time being. Then buy a GPU down the road if it's needed.

Just thinking there, it might be better to wait for Ivy bridge. The integrated graphics will be better on that CPU.

When will Ivy bridge be out ?

I've been waiting ages to build something lol.. I finally get some money and I don't really want to wait lol

I could bump it up to 550.

• Advertisement

Present indications are that Ivy won't be much of a bump over Sandy. It'll be better clock for clock, but it's looking like the 2500K will still be on top when you take overclocking into account.

I'd wait though, 23 NDA lifted so, press and reviews etc.

29th is when you can buy the CPU. Prices may drop. It's worth it to wait and see.

I hate buying brand new tech items as I feel they haven't been market tested to the max lol.. and there might be some bugs missed etc.

But waiting might mean the 2500k might drop in price.

I've waited 8 years.. few weeks won't kill me...
    BUT
    I'm the kinda person where if i want something i want it now lol. grrrrr

Anyone got some input to the build above this post ?

I wanted to order today so I might have it by the weekend :)

Can you stretch the GPU to this, http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=55915&agid=1004 You wont be wanting in a years time. And , I think this is a better case http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=48895&agid=631 All up to you though, have fun.

Ya i can get that graphics card.

But I was getting that case as it had fan's built in.

I can spend a bit more.

I'll be buying 1st thing in the morning so I want my list all ready :)

With the build i posted above and adding uncle_sam_ie's Graphics card would this build work together. I mean will the parts actually work with each other :)

thanks.

Ok it's ordered.. Have to figure out how to pay by paypal.. I just emailed them asking how.

I know it's more as I pay the paypal charges.

Advertisement