Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone for my brother.

Options
  • 20-04-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a phone for my 8 year old brother within the next month. We are trying to keep it to around or under €50. I'm really looking for the phone that fits as much of the criteria as possible because I know it will be difficult to do. It should be a touchscreen. I would prefer a plastic screen over glass as he is likely to drop it. It should have apps Android preferably but I would also consider Symbian or anything else. It should have WiFi. It's going to be used on the 48 network. We would prefer for it to come unlocked and we don't mind buying from any of the online stores.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Honestly? If you want to get a touchscreen phone you will have to up your budget a bit.

The Sony Ericsson X8 is a decent phone if you can stretch to €80.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It's a pity we missed out on the Jedward phone when it was €35. I was hoping someone knew of a bargain somewhere. Samasung Galaxy Eruope is €50 so is the ZTE Racer II.

Anyone know if the Vodafone Smart is Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd avoid the ZTE Racer II like the plague. Nasty little phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

GarIT wrote: »
    It's a pity we missed out on the Jedward phone when it was €35. I was hoping someone knew of a bargain somewhere. Samasung Galaxy Eruope is €50 so is the ZTE Racer II.

Yeah but I would avoid it.
    I have the Galaxy Europa suits my needs fine. It's laggy at times but I have dragged every last piece of hardware out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

GarIT wrote: »

It is Android.

Not a bad phone considering the price but the lag can be annoying at times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement