Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up.

• 20-04-2012 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I actually don't know what to do, my life is so messed up right now, I dont know where to start.

I'm so worried about this leaving cert. I don't have any chance of doing well in it. I'm going to get such a bad leaving cert. I will admit, I am smart enough but I havent been in school much, havent done any work. I don't know the courses, not even half know them. I'm going to fail pretty much everything..

I've missed so much because of problems at home. I dont come from a stable background and i dont want to give much details away on a public forum but i dont think i can take my home life any more and i cant find away out.

I'm just so fed up of this leaving cert. Im dreading when everyone gets their results and i do crap in it. Im dreding when i look at the paper and see aload of E's. When I add up my points and they are so low.. i dont know what my next step is in life..

i dont even know why im posting this.. no one can help me here. Sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

You've two choices, self pity or work your tush off.
    The first one is obviously easier.
    I suggest going to someone in school, perhaps your year head can get you in on some study programme so you can stay and study at school. You can do A LOT in a few weeks if you zone in on papers and concentrate. It's not going to be easy but it will be worth it. As for home, not much you can do there for now until you're in a position to move out. I really hope things improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭frulewis

don't give up keep going, pressure can do funny things to you! For the Leaving Cert go through each of your subjects and get organised about what to study start with the tougher ones I didn't study for mine until two weeks beforehand and I got 440 it can be done :D and as for the home situation hopefully you'll be out of there soon, stay strong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 IndigoWings

I agree with the others. As bleak as things might seem, keep positive! At the end of the day, you're the only one who can get a good result for yourself in the leaving.

Don't focus on the here and now, realise that you'll be out of whatever situation you're in once you get to college. There are still over six weeks left, and you'd be surprised how much you can bring grades up in that time. Most of the courses are online, so you can look them up and do whatever you can in that time. Think, six weeks of hard graft could get you a pretty decent LC result!

Also, feeling under pressure is completely normal in the Leaving. A girl in my year came out in a rash on her face from the stress, the toughest of guys have little moments where they crumble... a friend of mine came out of his Irish oral and I thought he was going to have a breakdown! I'm even having these moments where I realise that I'm seriously, for real, no messing doing the Leaving Cert, and I start to feel like I'm going to be sick... :o

So here's some sound advice. Don't have a pity party, apply yourself and learn as much as you can in the time you have left! It's not impossible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

There are other options, even if the leaving cert doesn't go well. As has been said you still have enough time to get a lot of the courses covered, but if it doesn't go to plan there are courses you can do that can allow you to get into university to do almost anything you want. Talk to a career guidance teacher about this, if at all possible. There are people who can help you, you just have to ask.

In 6 weeks you can definitely get enough done to pass your exams, go to the library to study if you can't at home. Even passing your leaving cert can open a lot of doors for you. Bringing E's up to D's is very doable. Try to take it day by day and subject by subject. Thinking about the leaving cert as a whole can be overwhelming, try to break it down in your head. Tell yourself, for example, "today I'm going to study algebra," and don't worry about the rest of the course while you're doing that. Just make a start and it will seem a lot more manageable.

Do you know what you want to do after school? Having a clear goal can really help to motivate you. I do think that you really should talk to a career guidance teacher or just a teacher you like about this as soon as you can, they will be able to help.

Advertisement