Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Dublin 11?

Options
  • 20-04-2012 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Is dublin 11 far from the city? I need to get to Ballycoolin Road. Just wondering is it walkable from the city? Can you get a taxi or will it be expensive? How about places to stay? Will the city be best or is there a hotel close by?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Is it walkable from the city?
    http://maps.google.com/ have you ever seen this website? Ballycoolin is out past Finglas/Blanch

I would suggest bus or taxi, no idea what bus check dublinbus.ie , id imagine a taxi would be roughly 15quid from general city centre area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Think the 40D from the city goes up by ballycoolin via finglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Slunk wrote: »
    Think the 40D from the city goes up by ballycoolin via finglas
    Goes from parnell sq. Which industrial estate are you going to op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Im not sure which industrial estate im going to. I forget the name. Is there a hotel close by also. Or would I be better staying in a hotel and getting taxis as I will end up getting lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

The nearest hotel is the Ardmore Hotel on the Finglas Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Or stay in Tyrrelstown(Park Plaza hotel). Anyway, Ballycoolin road is not in D11, its D15. 40D will bring you along the entire route through many industrial estates straight through to Tyrrelstown. Also, the 17A will bring you there from another northside location(Coolock for example)
    You will not walk it there unless you are a very fit athlete :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The nearest hotel is the Ardmore Hotel on the Finglas Road.
    Wrong, the Carlton in Tyrellstown or Crowne Plaza at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre would be closer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

gurramok wrote: »
    Or stay in Tyrrelstown(Park Plaza hotel). Anyway, Ballycoolin road is not in D11, its D15. 40D will bring you along the entire route through many industrial estates straight through to Tyrrelstown. Also, the 17A will bring you there from another northside location(Coolock for example)
    You will not walk it there unless you are a very fit athlete :)

Ballcoolin road starts off in Dublin 11, I worked in Rosemount Bus. park and the address was D11. Which can get confussing as the business across from us were D15.
    OP any chance of finding out where exactly you are going to so people help you?

I need to get to the premier business park, which says dublin 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

40D would be your best bet. Goes right past it.

• Advertisement

I still didn't make it up to dublin but will do next weekend. I have to be there before 9 am and the train comes into heuston at 8.10 in the morning. I have no sense of direction, i will probably get lost finding the bus in the morning. So i have decided i will get a taxi in the morning. Will i be in time if i get a taxi? And how much would a taxi be?

Also, i presume there are buses to get back into the city. I'l have some time in the evening, so don't mind getting lost then.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

See here. Fare from Heuston to Rosemount is approx 18 euro.

By public transport, best to get the Luas from Heuston to Abbey Street and then walk up O'Connell St to get the 40D. It would be a challenge to do it in 45 mins, so taxi is your best bet.

Advertisement