Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing 3 bill pay account

Options
  • 20-04-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I've previously been on bill pay contracts with Meteor and o2, in both cases when I went to close the account (out of contract period) I was able to do so with immediate effect. I'm presently with 3 bill pay (also out of contract) and I've contacted them to close the account; in response they have told me that I have to give 30 days notice - are they the only ones to do this?

Furthermore I rang 2 weeks ago stating my intentions and customer support told me that they would post me a prepay SIM and to phone them up when I receive it to transfer my existing number. Due to circumstances it took me until today to ring them and when I did they told me that this 30 day notice period starts from today, not from 2 weeks ago when I stated my intentions.

Very sneaky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

How is it sneaky.

It is abundantly clear in their T&C's and most service companies have a 30 day notice period.

Until and unless you give them a SPECIFIC instruction that you want the account closed, then they cannot close if.

Imagine, if they did take it as notice and you decided against it and suddenly the phone was cut off - then you'd be on here complaining that you got cut off after just enquiring about ending the contract.

Be specific with your request and you will not have an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Little Mickey

sandin wrote: »
    How is it sneaky.

It is abundantly clear in their T&C's and most service companies have a 30 day notice period.

Until and unless you give them a SPECIFIC instruction that you want the account closed, then they cannot close if.

Imagine, if they did take it as notice and you decided against it and suddenly the phone was cut off - then you'd be on here complaining that you got cut off after just enquiring about ending the contract.

Be specific with your request and you will not have an issue.

Which i did 2 weeks ago, I should have used the word "request" not "intentions" in my post sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Which i did 2 weeks ago, I should have used the word "request" not "intentions" in my post sorry.

Then it should take place from 2 weeks ago - they will have a record of the call.

Btw - not to be a fan of theirs, but if you pick selected phones online (reasonable choice) you get phone free and monthly plan is €30.50 for all calls all texts and all data .

Advertisement