Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Account?

Options
  • 20-04-2012 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

What documentation will I need to open a 2nd level account?
    &
    Will I get a Visa Debit Card and does that have NFC (Wireless Payments)?
    Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The visa debit cards aren't beginning to be rolled out till later this year. They won't be nfc compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi iDann,

To open a 2nd level student current account you will need photographic ID and proof of address. You can use a current passport, driving licence or Garda age card for ID. For proof of address you'll need one of the following documents:

- a provisional or full driving license if you haven't used that as proof of ID
    - a current original financial institution statement dated within the last 3 months (including Credit Union)
    - a letter from an employer dated within the last 6 months
    - a current original Social Insurance document

2nd level students that can't verify their address can go into the branch with one of their parents if the parent brings their ID and proof of address with them. If you're 13 or under then you must have the consent of a parent/guardian.

You should also make an appointment to open an account. You can find contact details for all our branches here. If you can't call into your local branch you can use our online application form.

Once you've opened your account and lodged at least €5, you can apply for a free ISIC card. This entitles to lots of student discounts and offers. Find out more here.

You may get a Visa Debit card with a 2nd level account when the roll-out begins but, as cookie1977 mentioned above, it won't have the contactless function.

If you need more information on our 2nd level account click here or just ask me.
    Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement