Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When I post a letter abroad what percent of the stamp goes to the recipient country?

• 20-04-2012 7:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭

Sorry mods if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move. Just curious, if I posted a letter / parcel to UK, or any other country, what percent goes to An Post, and what percent goes to Royal Mail etc :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Great to see the burning issues of the day been tackled in AH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭bananarama22

If it's a silly thread feel free to lock, just burning with curiosity trying to find an answet to this. My uncle who's a postman doesn't even know the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Sorry mods if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move. Just curious, if I posted a letter / parcel to UK, or any other country, what percent goes to An Post, and what percent goes to Royal Mail etc :confused:

I would say the sum total of €0.00.

Mickey H wrote: »
    I would say the sum total of €0.00.

But are they not being compensated for carrying other countrie's mail? What if it's a parcel? Should they carry it for free? An Post won't even carry a letter for free :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The WHOLE letter goes to the person you addressed it to

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:Oh haw haw haw, I mean what percent of the postal fee / stamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

But are they not being compensated for carrying other countrie's mail? What if it's a parcel? Should they carry it for free? An Post won't even carry a letter for free :p

That's actually a good point that I hadn't thought of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,449 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Google "Terminal Dues"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Often thought about that also, would be interested in reading the result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Google "Terminal Dues"

Very interesting! I shall learn not to trust Wiki again. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement