Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Econ and Fin in UCD OR Econ in univ of Manchester

Options
  • 20-04-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hello guys I'm considering of doing the course Economics and Finance in UCD or Economics in the university of Manchester.
    I have a good few months untill I really have to make a decision but I would like to hear what others think as well so it can help my decision making.
    I'm interested in Maths and Economics. Unfortunately I don't do economics at the moment, but I have read some books based on Economics such as Freakonomics, 23 things they don't tell you on capitalism, etc.
    I really like maths and hopefully would like to get an A1(i got it in the mock).

I would like a job in a finance sector later on maybe after masters degree.
    Which university in your own opinion would be a better choice? I don't mind moving away or making new friends as I have been doing it many times. I would like to hear your own thoughts on this.

Thank you very much I would really appreciate it if you answer and share you thoughts.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Manchester would be the better university, it has far more funding than UCD gets and would be known much more internationally. It also has a reputation for having a mad social life as well if that's figuring into your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Career-wise: University of Manchester, no contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

University of Manchester is a top 10 Uni in the UK and top 50 world wide.

I don't know how much weight you lend to those rankings, but from a career point of view, Manchester is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Manchester University graduates are rated the highest by employers in the UK also if that means anything.

To be honest Manchester is just in a completely different league to UCD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement