Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts whilst Kayaking?

Options
  • 20-04-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hey, not sure how active this section is but I'll ask anyway.
    Going Kayaking tomorrow, and this will be my first time going Kayaking since I got contact lenses, I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with contacts whilst kayaking or water sports in general?

They are daily disposable ones, so losing them isn't what I'm worried about, I'm more worried about getting an infection from the lake water if I get any in my eyes..

Replies before tomorrow would be great. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Never had or heard of problems with infections or the like.

Personally they always washed out for me on whitewater, but some people don't seem to have an issue with that. Give them a go and see how they work for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Never had them wash out on WW. No infections either. Found rolling in pool irritated them much more. I reckon it depends on your contacts and your eyes really.

TBH getting laser'd was the best thing ever for kayaking... (except for polo... my shots have been way way way worse since I got corrective surgery as Ken can vouch for :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Na, it's only that you can see your shots now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Alright, thanks for the help guys.
    I decided not to wear them yesterday as I didn't get a chance to read this thread before I left.

I'll know for next time though, shouldn't be that long until I go again.

Rolling and all that is okay too right? Not in a pool, in the lake, never gone kayaking in a pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Alright, thanks for the help guys.
    I decided not to wear them yesterday as I didn't get a chance to read this thread before I left.

I'll know for next time though, shouldn't be that long until I go again.

Rolling and all that is okay too right? Not in a pool, in the lake, never gone kayaking in a pool.

14 years down the line and I can honestly say that I've never opened my eyes under water. Personal preference I suppose.

You'll be fine OP :)

Advertisement