Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiscal Treaty Web Cast from Stephen Donnelly and Co, starts NOW!!

• 20-04-2012 7:31pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, since there has been so much interest in this topic, I thought I'd give a shout out to this webcast. Its a panel of Stephen Donnelly, Constantine Gurdgiev and Shane Ross talking about the upcoming Fiscal treaty referendum.

You can see it on www.stephendonnelly.ie and you can ask (or thank!) questions here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056612601

Should be very interesting.... starts in a few minutes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

Wow, if I could think of a good question then I'd get loads of thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

No thanks. Coronation Street is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Perhaps Gurdgiev concentrate of getting money into the country and we wouldn't need fiscal treaties and bailouts.

Instead he got involved in St Columbanus AG a Swiss a based asset management company which is aimed at helping our super rich funnel their assets out of this country. Any interest in listening to him tell us what we should be doing, what taxes etc we should be paying is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

prinz wrote: »
    Instead he got involved in St Columbanus AG a Swiss a based asset management company which is aimed at helping our super rich funnel their assets out of this country. Any interest in listening to him tell us what we should be doing, what taxes etc we should be paying is long gone.
    Anyone remember when himself and a few other noted libertarians wheeled out their "economic good news story", which involved his mortgage being slashed and the taxpayer footing the bill?

Oh yes he's all for free markets and stopping government interference right up until he personally needs a bailout.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Undercover FBI Agent

Its very refreshing to hear a debate which highlights both the good sides and the bad sides instead of the usual crap we hear in the media like

Vote Yes (Everything will be great and we will all be grand)

Vote No (The world is going to get hit by a comet)

That aside I think ill be voting No but i will keep an open mind until the time comes to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

jaysus wept, someone wheel that oul lad off, he'll be on about what he had for his tea in a minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

One fiesty woman on at the moment. She is making populist points but sounds reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Well I watched this and I'm still confused...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

good job, better than anything the tv stations have done.

Would be interested in seeing what technology was used to handle 1000 concurrent connections

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I only discovered that this was on thanks to checking boards.ie earlier. I hadn't intended to watch it but I ended up sitting through the whole presentation, and it was the best spent couple of hours Ive had in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Dafuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Is this still on/ recorded somewhere?

I've had some after work drinks & junk food & and am quite in the mood to swear at the telly in my boxers now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah, if anyone has a link to a recorded stream of this it'd be greatly appreciated. I wasn't around earlier to watch it =(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

URL, your question got asked btw...

Will link up the YT if I hear where it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Any word on where this has been uploaded to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Stephen Donnelly TD

The 3 speeches are now on YouTube:

(~ posted by Peter, Stephen's online manager)

Advertisement