Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident while Drink Driving, Insurance refusing to pay

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Mikros wrote: »
    As others have said check your policy, I know mine has a clause that limits the cover to the minimum required by law, i.e. 3rd parties only, if drink or drugs are involved. If your mate has something similar he is sh*t out of luck...

9. Drink/Drugs Clause
    Our liability will be restricted to provide only the minimum insurance cover as required by law, if as a result of any accident, injury, loss or damage, any person driving is convicted of any offence involving driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, contrary to the laws of the country in which that person is convicted.

I'm sorry Ive never been in an accident so I don't know what that means. Does that mean if I crashed into someone whilst over the limit (then got convicted) they would only pay out for the damages to the person I hit? Nothing for my own car?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please start a new thread with your question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement