Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Multimedia Programming

Options
  • 20-04-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hello

I have applied for a HDip in Creative multimedia programming, it's part of the ICT skills programme --> http://www.hea.ie/en/node/1461

After completing a 4 year degree with absolutely nothing to do with computers, I feel I'm throwing myself in the deep end. However it is something I have an interest in learning.I have limited experience with Photoshop, Indesign and Dreamweaver.

The course begins in September and I want to give myself a headstart and gain some experience/knowledge in multimedia programming now. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what I should be looking at, what I need to understand, what programs I should buy/download etc

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this! Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭Talisman

Multimedia covers a broad range of technologies and industries (e.g. Communications, Broadcasting, Entertainment, Gaming, Internet and Surveillance). I presume the course would cover a combination of these and any advice you receive here may not be applicable to the course given it's such a diverse area. Have you been given a curriculum for the course?

Advertisement