Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

custom motorcycles

• 20-04-2012 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a business for this kind of work. Something along the line of orange county choppers. But not as big as them. Whats the demand like for bikes like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I've seen a few, but not as many as there would be in the States! Sure we don't have the roads for them anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You would do very very well to get a business like this off the ground with the current economic climate.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

there are a few of these guys around, there are several irish that are regulars in the world circuit of custom bike builds...
    I do think its something most who are handy with a spanner would have taught of at some stage but the costs are very prohibitive...mostly due to american chopper as quite a lot of business me in america watched that show then sold their sunday drive porsche/ferrari's and bought themselves 40K+ custom choppers...

I looked in building something very recently and unless you are going to go down the route of converting a shadow etc, the cost will be close to an MV Agusta and for the money i would much rather but that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I think it's more popular here to build fighters and cafe racers etc as opposed to choppers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

I think it's more popular here to build fighters and cafe racers etc as opposed to choppers.

mmmmm, yeah I'd be much more into cafe racers myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

cena wrote: »
    Is there a business for this kind of work. Something along the line of orange county choppers. But not as big as them. Whats the demand like for bikes like this

Here's two from the top of my head:

Old Skool Motorcycles in Bray.

C&C Choppers in Cork

So yes, there is a business for this kind of work ;)

Advertisement