Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuning box Mazda 6 2010

• 20-04-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Anyone able to recommend a tuning box for a Mazda 6 2.2D 2010?
    Bought one recently and could do with a bit more power , but would like to know which is the best as don't want to jeopardize the car. :eek:
    Prices seem to range from Ebay <100 Euro to independant German companies >500 Euro ???:confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

crx=== wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a tuning box for a Mazda 6 2.2D 2010?
    Bought one recently and could do with a bit more power , but would like to know which is the best as don't want to jeopardize the car. :eek:
    Prices seem to range from Ebay <100 Euro to independant German companies >500 Euro ???:confused:

Thanks.

Forget about those tuning boxes, get if remapped by a professional. Depending where you are in the country but chippedire.com are highly recommended around here if you are in the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

bazz26 wrote: »
    Forget about those tuning boxes, get if remapped by a professional. Depending where you are in the country but chippedire.com are highly recommended around here if you are in the Dublin area.

Already spoke to them and was told that new mazda 6 cannot be remapped due to new circutry in ECU.
    Thanks anyway.

My apoligies it was actualy Upsolute remapping.

Anyone else got any ideas on this. ...would only like to know my options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I'd still talk to Chippedire about it. Joe is a wizard with ECU's, if anyone can map it he can.

If not He'll put you in the right direction.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Forget about those tuning boxes, get if remapped by a professional. Depending where you are in the country but chippedire.com are highly recommended around here if you are in the Dublin area.[/QUOTE

Thanks Bazz & Drummerboy , you were right. Spoke to Joe today and he said he would have no problem remapping the ECU and advised me to remove the DPF also as they were causing alot of problems in newer diesels.

Thanks again for yer help... thought my only option was a tuning box !! :o

New question: Any problems mapping a 129PS diesel engine up to 160 or 170PS , relibility issues etc.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Joe's a good guy, if he's happy to do the map I wouldn't expect any problems. Depending on how you drive it you'll have more wear on the clutch and turbo but it should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

gpf101 wrote: »
    Joe's a good guy, if he's happy to do the map I wouldn't expect any problems. Depending on how you drive it you'll have more wear on the clutch and turbo but it should be fine.

Clutch would be the only real concern IMO, but ask Joe and he'll tell you.

He's done my Golf twice now and have to say it makes a massive difference. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I knew jack **** about remaps until recently, (and tbh I still don't know much!) but decided to bite the bullet and went to joe power...
    It's the best decision I've ever made car wise. I absolutely LOVE how it drives now, so much smoother and linear through the revs, and obviously alot quicker too. The car feels much more alive if that makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I had one of the drake2 tuining boxes on a 220d, transformed the car, 10 different settings, could only crank it to number 3, the IS has a particulate filter so you wouldn't know if its smokey. Not sure if your mazda has one, wouln't recommend it if it doesnt, have a look on the drake website and see is yours compatible. It done the job for me, lexus should fit them as standard, better mpg and makes it a lot more driveable.

Weighed up mapping and the box, glad I went with the box. You'll have lads saying mapping is the only way, I wouldnt agree after using the drake box, takes a few trial runs to select the right map out of the 10 but it does the job, you can always set it to 0 if you want to put the car back to normal not so handy with a remap.

Advertisement