Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Gifts- Something blue?

Options
  • 20-04-2012 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Getting married in 7 weeks time and am trying to be romantic and get my wife to be 4 different presents representing something old, new, borrowed, and blue.
    I have the first 3 presents got but am looking for some suggestions on what i can get her for the something blue.
    In terms of presents for the bridal party, what do people think of giving gift vouchers. Both the best man and the groomsman have good watches and i feel my original idea of engraved hip flasks would be great for about 5 mins but will just collect dust someplace afterwards. Both lads are into their sport so was thinking of getting vouchers for elverys. Is this a big no no?

Thanks all for your replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

A gift is just something to show your appreciation, and if you think they would appreciate a voucher over a hip flask/ watch then go for it.

I LOVE the fact that you're getting your lady her "something old/ blue/ borrowed/ new". Could you send her a blue flower on the morning of your wedding so she can add it to the bouquet? Or get her a little blue pin or clip that she can add to her hair or inside he dress? You could even get her blue undies!!!

Google "something blue bouquet charm". There are loads of little things you can get to hang off/ include in the bouquet.

Also, I LOVE these!!!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85550178/bride-groom-i-do-and-me-too-stickers?ref=cat2_gallery_1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

ElleEm,

You are an absolute STAR!!

The bouquet charm is somrthing that never even occured to me.
    Just after placing my order :)

All sorted with my 4 gifts now. One job less ;)

Advertisement