Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog groomer in South Dublin?

• 20-04-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dog groomer in the Dun Laoghaire/Foxrock/Blackrock area? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Highly recommend Liz in Positive Dog Training Sandyfordxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

+1 for Liz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+2 for Liz - she's really good and actually does what you ask her to, unlike some groomers (really annoys me). I had two of mine done there last week and they came home happy as pigs in poo! Her prices are quite good too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Aurum

That's good to know, I'll definitely try them. The groomers that my dog usually visits changed their staff recently and they gave my dog an awful and completely breed inappropriate clip (even though I gave them specific instructions) so I'm looking for an alternative. Liz sounds great, thanks all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Liz is brilliant and a lovely woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Sassy58

another +1 for Liz - she has groomed my lot for a few years now and NEVER had a bad experience with her, dogs are always happy and they all love going over to see her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Aurum wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good dog groomer in the Dun Laoghaire/Foxrock/Blackrock area? Thanks!

My friend now sends her dog to Liz too and she said liz is brill. I think if you get dog groomed there you get daycare 1/2 price for the day? She has a golden retriever and previously went to heavenly hounds who she was very happy with but she said it was very expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Groomers in Dun Laoghaire Vets are great, never had an issue with them on my Westies.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Aurum

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Groomers in Dun Laoghaire Vets are great, never had an issue with them on my Westies.

Do you mean Ark Vets? They're actually the groomers that I'm leaving. They had been fine for the last three years, but they were unavailable for a while. When they re-opened I dropped my dog off and asked for just a wash, groom and hygiene clip, which she'd had done numerous times before. The hygiene clip was a shaved strip three inches wide and five inches long, starting at the base of her tail. They clipped her fur fringe at the front and underneath, and part of her tail, which gave her a bizarre and completely breed inappropriate shape. Japanese Spitz usually aren't clipped at all, except when removing knots, I assumed a professional groomer would know that. Stupidly, I didn't say anything at the time but I'm definitely going to switch groomers.

(This is what she normally looks like, I obviously can't wash her myself :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Aurum wrote: »
    Do you mean Ark Vets? They're actually the groomers that I'm leaving. They had been fine for the last three years, but they were unavailable for a while. When they re-opened I dropped my dog off and asked for just a wash, groom and hygiene clip, which she'd had done numerous times before. The hygiene clip was a shaved strip three inches wide and five inches long, starting at the base of her tail. They clipped her fur fringe at the front and underneath, and part of her tail, which gave her a bizarre and completely breed inappropriate shape. Japanese Spitz usually aren't clipped at all, except when removing knots, I assumed a professional groomer would know that. Stupidly, I didn't say anything at the time but I'm definitely going to switch groomers.

(This is what she normally looks like, I obviously can't wash her myself :) )

I was going to comment saying "No not them, it's Treanors", then did a bit of googling and yes, that's who I used in the past.

Sad to see them go to the dogs :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement