Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 20-04-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

I cancelled my contract with Meteor for broadband, by phone and sent an email asking for confirmation - nothing received yet. I had a month left and switched over to an eMobile hub so April would be my last month's payment and the 30 day notice would tie in.

Just want to know where to go to get confirmation that my contract is now cancelled :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

phone them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Email them so that you have a record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

I'd recommend visiting a store and get an assistant to ring them. If you get an assistant to ring them, you'll get through to them much quicker than trying yourself and will almost definitely get an answer. Likewise, if there is a problem with your contract, there's a better chance of getting it sorted there and then as opposed to waiting for an email response.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Email them so that you have a record!

I've done that twice to the email address they gave me when i phoned :)

Thanks Shortie, that might be the best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The people that work in he shops are in sales, not support. They can't help you with this. If they ring customer care for you then you'll be in the same queue as if you rang yourself.

If you've cancelled in writing, and have proof of this, then that's all you need. Cancel your direct debit with the bank. There's no need for anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Hennybug wrote: »
    I cancelled my contract with Meteor for broadband, by phone and sent an email asking for confirmation - nothing received yet. I had a month left and switched over to an eMobile hub so April would be my last month's payment and the 30 day notice would tie in.

Just want to know where to go to get confirmation that my contract is now cancelled :confused:

Meteor are owned by Eircom
    E-Mobile are owned by eircom
    Emobile operate on the meteor system and its the exact same except a different brand.

In reality, you have moved your contract from desk one to desk two within the same building and there shouldn't be any isue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hollieg

meteor have no customer care skills at all
    i had ongoing issues for over 5 months with my bill i kept sending me bills over €100 over the correct price only that i noticed and had no dd set up or i would of been robbed i rang in for months to got it fixed everytime i was assured this would happen again finally i got so annoyed i ask to speak with a manger to get it ressolved she promised me a call back but never recived one and ring till finally i got through to her then she advised me i was due over €300 credit but had to wait for this to be approved but once again i rang for nearly 2 weeks trying to get my money back and finally one dsay as i wanted to speak with a manger again got it approved straight away then had to ring thereb finance team who advised me then can put it back into my account and the agent said oh i cant take details of ur account over the phone soi said how ami going to get my money back then he took mtybank details over the phone so rang in today to cancel my account i only have 3 months left so its only like €105 to get out my contract as my phone was broken so lot cheaper to cacnel my account and get free phone from new provider but cancellations ddint care i wasnt asking for new phone just anearly upgrade with my same price plan an the agent i was speaking with hung up on me and didnt attempt to call me back at all rang back in to complain and spokewith a mangerwho treated me like dirt i was so shocked as i work in this line of buisness my self and i treated my customers like that i woukdnt have a job and the manger advised there was nothing he could do either i jusdt find it hard after all the issues i have had how this was so hard ican not waitto bring my custom else were were my money is appreciated in a time like this its not thetime to let ur customer care skills go like this before this happened i always thought there were brilliant and always recommeded them but never again iliketosee ur results from the ne tpro score

METEOR ARE GREAT WHEN YOU DONT HAVE PROBLEMS THEMIN YOU HAVEA PROBLEM THEY DONT WANT TO HELP OR MEET YOU HALF WAY WITH ALL THE ISSUES I HAD

ANDNHAVE ALSO SENT COMPLAINTS FORMAL COMPLAINTS GOT NOTHING BACK HOW DOI CONTACT COMREG ???
    ALSOFRIEND OF FAMILYS WORKSFOR NEWSPAPER SO IF NOT SORTED AMGOIN THERE IF ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES LET ME KNOW DETAILSO ALSO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Any chance you could try some punctuation in that post ? Impossible to follow.

Advertisement