Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bargain

• 20-04-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

puma fass 500 only 36 euro in elverys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Duncandonuts

Ya i got a pair a few weeks ago,everybody at my work place just looks at them in amazament when i pass or when i'm talking to them.:D
    You do need to be brave to wear these,the lime green and orange ones, but i'm famous at work now.

nikefreerunvip.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

are these in all elverys ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Id say only in suffolk st and dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Duncandonuts

are these in all elverys ?

Yes, i think they are in all stores.

these any good? anybody using them regularly for running>
    normally use lighter shoes now (kinvara, green silence, lunarfly) but these might be useful for longer runs maybe, especially at this price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

glasso wrote: »
    normally use lighter shoes now (kinvara, green silence, lunarfly) but these might be useful for longer runs maybe, especially at this price.

I picked up a pair a few weeks ago. They are relatively light and have a nice bit of cushioning. I had them tied too tight and had some blistering issues. Once I loosened out the laces they were fine.

My longest runs are up to 6-8 miles in them with no issue. I use Green Silence for all tempo, intervals and long runs and alternate the faas in for easy days.

The only things I would say is that they heel cup in the faas is not rigid, as in there is no insert in there. This can give the feeling that the shoe is slipping slightly. Thats how I perceive it.

I would think that these are very similar to the shoes you mention. I have a pair of the 300s (next lower model) and they are lighter and flatter than the green silence, I alternate them both on shorter runs (up to 7-8 miles).
    At that price you'd be mad not to tbh. I'd get some myself only I got the kinvaras yesterday in AK for 66.

I would think that these are very similar to the shoes you mention. I have a pair of the 300s (next lower model) and they are lighter and flatter than the green silence, I alternate them both on shorter runs (up to 7-8 miles).
    At that price you'd be mad not to tbh. I'd get some myself only I got the kinvaras yesterday in AK for 66.

how is the sizing - true to size? i.e. same size as your normal shoes?

how is the sizing - true to size? i.e. same size as your normal shoes?
    Yes, I have them in a 9, same as all my others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

They have none in Elverys Dun Laoghaire :(, said the closest that would have them in stock is Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CoachDudie

Does anyone know if they have these around the country and not just in Dublin? Also would they be suitable for a beginner runner?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

9 miles is the most is the most ive done in them so far no problems as yet

Advertisement