Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to pay for car?

• 20-04-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Hi so I'm currently having driving lessons and exepecting to finish soon. But I have no way of buying the car I want, it's a used car only 2,750 euro.

I have no way of overall getting that money, I have no job to get money. I'm going to college soon.

Can anybody think of any possible ideas, that may help me pay for the car? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

RobitTV wrote: »
    Hi so I'm currently having driving lessons and exepecting to finish soon. But I have no way of buying the car I want, it's a used car only 2,750 euro.

I have no way of overall getting that money, I have no job to get money. I'm going to college soon.

get a job maybe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

You should get a cheaper one till you can afford what you want, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Just get a little bangerenomics runaround for a couple hundred while you're in college/unemployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ummm, get a job? Buy a cheaper car? Stop spending money on lessons until you have your own car?

If I wasn't on my phone I would definitely post that picture of Fry from Futurama we're all familiar with to this topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Do what I do: rock bottom specials. My daily hack was €200 and it still goes about to this day :)

Talking as a fellow broke college student with no job and a stupid amount of cars :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Do as your username suggests!

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Lots of passable cars out there atm for under a grand, my 2002 octavia is very comfortable to drive and i doubt i will get much more than 1000 for it even when i give it a mini valet and some new rubber, it's a buyers market atm.

It's also worth considering if you are in college and don't have a job that you won't be able to afford to run a car anyway as between tax/annual fuel costs and insurance you are probably talking 3 grand a year, buying the car is only part of it and thats considering you don't have any mechanical problems.

Maybe save for 5-6 months and get a credit union loan (it's what i do as banks rob you blind on interest and don't let you pay more than the agreed amount so you can finish off the loan early working afew extra shifts or doing afew nixers or the like)

Personally i would enjoy uni relax go out with your friends and don't tie yourself to bills yet as trust me there will be plenty of that later on.

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Maybe save for 5-6 months and get a credit union loan (it's what i do as banks rob you blind on interest and don't let you pay more than the agreed amount so you can finish off the loan early working afew extra shifts or doing afew nixers or the like)

They do with Variable rate loans... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

You're learing to drive and then going to college and want to buy a car for 2750 but can't afford it cause you have no job and no money , how then are you going to insure , tax, maintain, make loan payments and fuel this car if you manage to get a loan of 2750 to buy it.
    Do yourself a favour get a flat near college and a bicycle or you'll be completely broke . Wait until you have a source of income to fund what you want easily instead of spending everything you have plus what you dont have on a car.
    And if you want to see what buying things you cant afford does , take a look at the state of our economy and alot of the inhabitants of Ireland.
    Forget the car for now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

dar83 wrote: »
    They do with Variable rate loans... ;)

Last car loan i paid like 500 euros interest on a 6000 euro loan, would have been alot more with the banks tbh

• Advertisement

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Last car loan i paid like 500 euros interest on a 6000 euro loan, would have been alot more with the banks tbh

I didn't dispute that, just stated that you can pay off a Variable rate loan for more than stated or even clear it early if you wish to save on interest. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

You have no way of getting the money, what do you expect people to say to you ? You want people to donate money to you or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I'll give you a tip for a horse running Sunday if ya want :D

Advertisement