Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCapture HD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There was a thread on that a few weeks ago ;) ended up getting locked.

For me, not as good as the hauppage hd pvr, as I use the device for live commentary and streaming so I need a live monitor, but might behandy for people who just want footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah, decent device. I got one on amazon afew weeks back for 140e delivered. Done alot of research and went with the avermedia. Great quality capture at 12mbps in 720p, and its currently the only device to allow full 1080p recording at 15mbps.. just a pity it doesnt matter which one you get, youtube downgrades all vids in terms of quality..
    Its lets you record straight to a thumbdrive, or install a laptop hdd, and doesnt need a pc hooked up to record.
    Realtime mode gives zero latency when playing games (although its probably like 50 to 80 ms, unnoticeable)

heres a vid i took of dead island with it, captured at 12mbps in 720p, but i rendered it at 1080p in vegas to get youtube to encode it with a higher bitrate after i uploaded it, to try and lessen the downgrade youtube does to vids....

Dishonored at 10mbps, 720p

Advertisement